Days: Week of March 17th

• Members

Brmike i go through phases of loving the show..I couldn't stand it for most of the last year, loved it during November, December, and January under Hogan...And was blown away by the whole plane crash stuff..March obviously isn't as exciting as the past few months and yes we know Bo is not going to die..But this story is a great when you remember that it was written during the strike by scab writers..They obviously had to keep the show in somewhat of a holding pattern and i just love that they used Bo and Hope to do that...Also i'm happy that with the exception of Sami, Lucas, EJ, and Nick, we have a wonderful balance of all the cast...We are seeing Victor and Caroline on a regular basis..and have a nice balance of vets and younger characters...John and Marlena are active in the story..And they added some fantastic actors who i'm hoping can shine on the show...

Yes the writing has suffered, but the direction and acting is still excellent..and i suffered through years of bad writing with JER, that i can take a couple months of strike induced bad writing..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kev, I'm enjoying the show, and have for the last couple of months. I'm not a viewer though that analyzes each and ever detail of the show. What I love right now is that the show feels like a family drama again. No, this last week has not shocked or awed me, but I love that the show has a heart again. I feel like I'm watching something that I care about. One thing I do miss right now is Jennifer being there for Hope. They had such a great friendship and I think it would be great if Hope had that right now. I know Steve is being her friend right now which is great, but Hope is missing her female sidekick.

• Members

Jonphil, Kev, and JP...I agree with all your posts.

I won't go into a long drawn out post. All I will say is from a dialogue standpoint, of course it's bad. It's scabs selected by Corday. That is why I can't wait for a writing team because I do think this stuff would be much better if we had one. I just think the show should be cut some slack in that regard.

The show has it's heart back and while I loved Hogan, the show is still doing well and it's familiar. It's pleasing more fans now then it did under Hogan and I guess that is all that matters. It's not perfect right now but it's not the trash some make it out to be just because Dena Higley or whoever is writing. I'm not a fan of hers either but if we are truly praising what we are seeing NOW like some have said in this thread, credit should be given where it's due because the past 3 months have producer more memorable moments and solid drama then the past two years and I mean that sincerely. I loved Hogan but things didn't start having a big punch to them until the Fall really and we have been getting that from day one since the scabs arrived IMO.

Dena could still mess up but, so far, so good. I just think many are waiting for the other shoe to drop and if it does, fine. However, for me, it's about the here and now and the show is not even close to what it was the last time under Higley and it's one of the few daytime shows that seems to be in touch with it's heart and seems to be in touch with it's identity right now.

• Members

Another good show..Loved the Tony and Anna scenes..Probably my favorites of theirs since they've been back..These scenes were such a treat, especially the "love in the afternoon" comment, ELon and Margo, and the hilarious name calling..And their sex scene was pretty hot...Also nice to see Morgan..Looking forward to her scenes with Phillip and her father tomorrow..

I also really liked the Chelsea and Stephanie scenes..These two have such a nice friendship and i really enjoy Stephanie when she is away from Max..Loved her commenting on how hot Dr. Dan was...And Rachel Melvin was great again today portraying how happy Chelsea seemed to be able to save her father..

It was also great seeing Kate again, we've had her all week which has been nice..She has been missed lately..And there are sparks between her and Daniel..

Peggy McCay really deserves kudos for today..I absolutely loved the scene where she told Bo what everyone had done while he was in surgery..and how strong everyone was..

Finally, i teared up a little during Phillip and Belle's goodbye..So sad, but a nice goodbye for them..Martha and Jay rock and have such amazing chemistry..

Archived