90210: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I haven't read any spoilers and stuff about the show because I wanted to be surprised. So it was nice to see Hannah and Erin. Of course I knew there was gonna be a connection with Silver, but I didn't know how.

I loved loved loved the premiere. It had drama, momentum, likable characters (which is a problem for me with some new shows), a great cast and much more. Rob and Lori fit right in as "the parents". Great choice. Btw, I think it was a good one to add a little twist with Harry and Naomi's mom's child. It made Harry and Debbie's perfect life, not so perfect.

Looking forward to next week. :)

I'm not following. The show lasted for ten seasons. :mellow:

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I first heard the news about the remake, I thought "There's no way I'm going to like this" but after I watched the premiere I kind of changed my mind.

I think the authors did a good job in creating a connection between the old and the new generation. It was good to see Kelly again, she looks so beautiful now. Can't say the same thing about Brenda, because she looks horrible these days. I guess the only reason why Mrs. Doherty agreed to work on this show was because she needs the money.

I really like some of the teenage characters, like Annie, Ethan (what a hottie), Naomi and Silver. I don't like the two other guys, Dixon and Navid. Rob Estes looks great too - and he finally did a shirtless scene. Can't remember seeing him shirtless on Melrose Place. I'm not too fond of Lori Loughlin, maybe she's the wrong actress for this part because she looks like she's coming straight from the OC and not from Kansas.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. Besides, it's the only new show of the 2008 fall season that I watch and I hope this year my pick won't get cancelled like "Cane" did last year.

• Members

I think the 90210 premiere should've only been 1 hour. It lost me about 15 minutes in the 2nd hour. I will give it another try next week though. I wish I knew Brenda was gonna be on right at the end, if I did I wouldve tuned in for that scene. Damn. I think they threw too much into the show imho. I also wasn't impressed with some of the acting. The blonde diva bitch girl seems older than the rest of the teens. Is she the Gabrielle Carteris/Ian Ziering of the new?

• Members
If you're referring to Naomi, then no.

And I don't think a two hours premiere was too much. New shows sometimes (or often) disappoint people simply because they didn't get the chance to get involved enough during that first hour, if you know what I mean. Two hours is a good kick off for a brand new show. You get to know the characters better.

If you already lost your way then this show is probably not for you. imp

• Members

The MTV Canada after show pointed out something I was wondering about--they said the girls had taken "TV skinny to the next level". Compared to old school 90210 it's obvious but even compared to the lead girl on Degrassi--miss skinny has lost MORE weight for her US debut.

REALLY disgraceful. I think execs and networks should crack downon this

• Members

I liked it, would like Kelly's son to be Brandon....I hope Val comes back and Steve and Andrea. I didnt like how they casted the ugliest girl to play Hannah Zuckerman?? didnt Andrea get married??? and that her daughter was on for 2 seconds. and they made fun of her....Where is the Pit after dark?? and where is the radio station in the school???

I liked it, would like Kelly's son to be Brandon....I hope Val comes back and Steve and Andrea. I didnt like how they casted the ugliest girl to play Hannah Zuckerman?? didnt Andrea get married??? and that her daughter was on for 2 seconds. and they made fun of her....Where is the Pit after dark?? and where is the radio station in the school???

Archived