AMC: When will Debbi & Darnell be added to the opening credits??

• Members

C'mon Eric, let's not give ABC new ideas.

It looks like it will be a uniform update along the three shows. The new "grey" background promo photos that have been released for all three shows correlate with the new bumpers for GH and OLTL. I bet they were set photos taken. Too bad seeing how Alec Musser, Brent Weber, and now Jeff Branson are all no longer part of the show and they got some awesome shots.

The thing I hate about the current bumper shoots is how un-uniform the shots are. If you look at what I consider to be the "classic" show openings for the ABC soaps (Faces of the Heart for GH, Tour of Llanview for OLTL, or the White Opening for AMC), the shots had a certain uniformity, especially FOH, that made the openings look cohesive. They became a symbol for the show.

The current openings just have actors floating all over the place. There is no symbolism. It all just looks so messy.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I dont think that the new bumpers mean a new opening for all the soaps. I think the bumper shots are just that, bumper shots. I know an actress stated they filmed a new opening, but i assume it was actualy bumper shots and thats it. I can see them getting new openings soon tho, but i dont think it was what was filmed.

Soapnet promo's are the best. I love what they do with the actors.

Archived