February 4-8, 2008

Toups

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am surprised that AMC and GH didn't get more of a bump. The much ballyhooed returns of Angie and Jessie, and Sarah Joy Brown, and earlier the "real" Greenlee have had almost no impact in spite of all the money poured into promotion. I would say that doesn't bode well for more returns. Cady, Robin, Andrea . . .

• Members

I'm NOT surprised AMC fell, the first full week of sweeps and it drops *snickers* I love it, you reap what you sew hack writers.

They seem to be banking on Debbi & Darnell saving this show, and while it looks like Tad & Jesse coming face to face Tuesday got a bit of a ratings bump that day, most people tuned right back out the next day and ratings continued to drop the rest of the week

And Friday what can I say, looks like people aren't interested in couple switching or Ryan's amensia *snickers again*

I agree ;)

• Members

Do either CBS or NBC put out a ratings report?

Week of February 4-8, 2008

ABC Delivers 4 of the Week’s Top 5-Ranking Daytime Programs with Target Women 18-49

“The View” and “General Hospital” Stand Among Daytime’s Top 5 Most-Watched Programs for the Fifth Straight Week

In Women 18-34, “All My Children” Hits a 22-Week High, While “One Life to Live” Delivers its Best Ratings in 19 Weeks

“All My Children,” “One Life to Live” and “General Hospital” Grow Week to Week with Young Women 18-34

Season to Date, “The View” is Up Among Total Viewers

ABC Daytime

ABC delivered 4 of the week’s Top 5-ranking programs in Daytime in Women 18-49: “General Hospital” (#3 - 1.6 rating), “The View” (#4T - 1.4 rating), “One Life to Live” (#4T - 1.4 rating), and “All My Children” (#4T - 1.4 rating).

In Total Viewers, for the fifth straight week “The View” (#3 - 3.8 million) and “General Hospital” (#5T - 3.0 million) ranked among the week’s Top 5 most-watched daytime programs.

“All My Children” hit a 22-week high in Women 18-34 (327,000 - since week of 9/3/07), as “One Life to Live” delivered its best performance in 19 weeks in the young women demo (317,000 - since week of 9/24/07).

“All My Children” (+27% - 327,000 vs. 258,000), “One Life to Live” (+13% - 317,000 vs. 281,000) and “General Hospital” (+3% - 358,000 vs. 346,000) all posted week-to-week increases among Women 18-34.

Season to date, “The View” topped year-ago delivery by 2% in Total Viewers (3.6 vs. 3.5 million).

Following are the Daytime Lineup ratings averages, plus Top 5 Programs Ranks – Week of Feb. 4-8, 2008:

Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s)

No. 1 CBS† 4.00 million No. 1 NBC 1.7/1.12 million

No. 2 ABC† 3.04 million No. 2 ABC 1.4/953,000

No. 3 NBC† 2.98 million No. 2 CBS 1.4/903,000

Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating)

Program Net Rtg/000s

The Young & the Restless CBS 1.9/1.24 million

Days of Our Lives NBC 1.7/1.12 million

General Hospital ABC 1.6/1.05 million

The View ABC 1.4/949,000

One Life to Live ABC 1.4/913,000

All My Children ABC 1.4/894,000

Source: NTI, Live + Same Day, 2/4-2/8/08;

• Members

so your saying that because ratings fall that automatically signals something is wrong with the writing?the only ABC soap i see that is suffering is AMC. OLTL/GH have been awesome lately. the writing. the balance. everything has been great. there has been so many positive feedback with the new writing team then any other soap. that's a fact. if soaps depended on a scale. i can tell you right now. GH would be right on top of there. but IMO ratings only mean who's watching live and who's not..and just for the record..soapnet are not counted for in these ratings..so how do we know for sure that those people who tuned out are now watching GH on soapnet? or any of the ABC soaps for the matter.

• Members

Sofie was arrested for kidnapping Hallie. Carly was about to be raped by Sam when someone shot him in the back. It was a great cliffhanger. I am disappointed ATWT didnt go up for the week. I thought it was a good week. It looks like Carly and Co. brought in the ratings and not Evan being Dusty's killer. Although the Lucinda/Evan confrontation did get a boost on Wednesday.

It looks like the REAL Greenlee isnt paying off. :lol:

I still say OLTL is bad. It has way too many newbies. That is why the show isnt doing well. It has nothing to do with the other shows on ABC.

Well, Sarah Brown's return is a bust!! She should have returned as Carly. Not as a different character.

Archived