February 4-8, 2008

Toups

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what i meant was. DOOL has no follow through villains. they come off as weak. All talk no action. victor was a good villain back in the day when he said he was gonna do something he did it. that's problem with DOOL nowadays. they back tracked and now they have weak villains like victor who once was a good villain. and stefano who was my fav..the writers completely screwed them up. IMO the the resent villain DOOL had that was a follow through type of badass was Andre. and he's dead. didn't last more than a few months. GH keeps villains on the show for years. and they fellow through with trying to kill there target. namely sonny/Jason. or some cases. people around them they care about. the shootouts are awesome. DOOL doesn't have that type of suspence and action pack like when JER was HW. even if viewers hated him for his long drawn out S/L's. one thing he did good was action stunts that most of us action fanatics enjoyed. DOOL is totally boring right now. with un-interesting S/L's. that don't gain ratings..so there stuck with a 2.2. and the characters are not helping either. there pretty much used up to the point where the dimera vs bradys is played out. well GH is consistently good. i haven't seen one full week where DOOL has been good. the boring days outweigh the good.

• Members

Not a surprise about the Bell soaps...topping 6 million at Y&R and 4 million at B&B wasn't going to last in the short term, however, in the long term I think it's a definite possibility as both shows are excellent right now. Fingers crossed because the Bell soaps seem to want to please the audience and deliver character driven storylines that entertain.

The P&G soaps, they need help and they aren't going to get it. Maybe the cosmetic changes will help. Who knows.

The ABC soaps are a mess! AMC is only hanging on thanks to Debbie and Darnell, OLTL is consistent...but dull and GH is hemorrhaging viewers like it's going out of style!

DAYS is trying, it's giving itself a shot. Tomorrow's episode is fantastic, I would love it to push it to number three, a place it used to be many years ago!

• Members

IA. The ABC soaps may be like this because the viewers know what to expect. Frons doesn't care about OLTL, seems to not care about AMC, and the fans know that the only time GH is any good is sweeps, which only means 3 months out of the year. He wants some big stunt for the net's flagship show, and when that doesn't happen, it's the viewers' fault.

What kills me is that the fans tell them what they want to see, but they have gotten so lazy that they now rely on shock and awe and stunts to bring viewers in, not realizing in their own feeble brains that the same viewers willtune right back out when the stunt is over.

And then, at NBC, when Days is getting back on track, TBFIC either sabotages his own show or some jackass exec at Sony or NBC says something really stupid and the viewers still tune out.

They have killed the trust of the viewers, and it's their own damn fault.

• Members

Thank you so much! :)

I think what we may need is a complete overhall of almost every staff on the shows (with the exeption of Y&R, B&B, OLTL and MAYBE Days). We need some fresh ideas and some writers who love telling stories. If you look at some of the blogs that are written, blog writers hear all the time that these are the stories that they want to see.

But.......with some of these idiots in charge, I don't see it happening. NBC thinks all we want to see is 12 hours of the Today show 7 days a damn week.

Archived