February 4-8, 2008

Toups

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

then again so do most powerful villains on soaps. except on some soaps. they show the scenes with these powerful players doing some real damage. Victor makes one phone call and the scene happens off-screen. Andre to me was only on the show for a couple months. yeah he's been hiding his true identity for 20 years. but for those 20 years i only know him as Tony. he hasn't been doing any killing until 2007 when his real identity was revealed to be Andre. DOOL needs to bring him back. the writers need to get a villain that's exciting to watch. stefano/victor IMO have pretty much done it all.."kidnap. brainwatch. switch baby around to none biological parents..but we never actually seen him kill anyone on-screen. the brady's always assume he kill people. but they never show it. which makes stefano/victor hard to take seriously.

• Members

Yes, dammit! Their reunion was rushed which makes me very uneasy about their longterm frontburner status. It's as if Frons want the HWs to hurry up so they can return back to his favorite characters. In less than two weeks Jesse is seen by Tad, they reconnect, he tells him why he faked his death, he hides out in his basement, he's found by Crystal and the next day he reuintes with Angie??? The build up and angst was minimal compared to other super couples who were given similar storylines. Only J and J's superb acting saved it. Even worse is that Angie feels no justifiable anger, no animosity and after making love they're one big happy family. I'm afraid... very afraid...

I disagree about their promotion. Aside from real! Greenlee's excessive, maddening promotion they got much more than I thought. The minute RB was back on screen it was all about J/A even almost to the level of RB...almost. They were everywhere and their promo to Alicia Keys played consistently. It is because of that I'm really dissapointed that their returns didn't have a significant impact on the ratings.

• Members

If and when that happens, those of us who came back will leave again. And leave the show to real!Greenlee and the rest of the Stiletto Sluts as AMC slides back down the "pole" Frons loves so much.

I'm sorry but I think the reunion is going at just the right speed. There's not weeks of missed connections and lurking like there was with Dixie. There's been just enough time to re-establish Jesse and Tad's relationship, pull Frankie into the fold of the show, bring newer viewers up to speed/remind veteran viewers what this couple was all about and tee up the next phase of the story. Good Lord did anybody need two months of Jesse hiding in the bushes? Or endless Angie/Kwak convos about the power of love? No thanks.

• Members

I felt they should have gotten more promotion than they did, two days of promotion compared to like a month of REAL GREENLEE promotion was sickening IMO. Two days of promotion then Angie returned.

I wonder if the REAL GREENLEE promotions might have turned people off of AMC that otherwise might have tuned in for J&A?

• Members

IMO Jesse and Angie may not have raised the ratings but they prevented them from going lower. How many people here have indicated that Jesse and Angie are AMC's only saving grace, the only reason they are watching?

Were it not for Jesse and Angie I fully believe AMC would be back at the bottom of the ratings. But that will never enter Frons' mind. (And, of course, I could be wrong and the ratings would be where they are regardless of J/A).

• Members

I don't think it was a matter of turning people off as it is that these were two different audiences.

The returns should've been broken up and promoted differently. I will say I found it intriguing to see ads fofr J&A in primetime on Ugly Betty. I didn't see any primetime Greenlee spots. I think they realized albeit a little late that they needed to reach a little farther. For example I was at my mom's for MLK day and watching AMC. She looked at the screen and said "Is that ANGIE?!" I said, "Yup and Jesse will be back next week! But first we have to get through the return of Greenlee."

Her response: "Who?"

• Members

I am enjoying the reunion. I didn't watch AMC when they were on the first time. I've been watching the reunions because the ads on soapnet caught my attention. I'm not liking much of AMC, and the way it is taped makes it hard to watch. However, I admit, I'm enjoying the reunion.

• Members

ITA from my standpoint lead in has absolutely no bearing on why I watch or record a TV program. If I want to see it I watch it its that simple. I watch Y&R but find B&B one of the worse soaps on daytime with the exception of Susan Flannery's awesome acting.

IMO OLTL sucks rocks big time the scribing is way tooo sappy and predictable for me. So I'm not surprised at the 2.0's . That "core family" pimping may have also hurt them; I know it propelled me to tune out with some of my cyberpals.

I'm only watching AMC for the Angie/Jesse reunion and I am a huge Tad esp w/Jesse fan; and some good acting is going down in the Jesse/Angie/Tad storyline; I like Zach/Aiden/Jack M./JR a lot too. Mostly I did clips, but lately I have been watching more than usual because of these characters.

8yrs500.jpg

• Members

Well I am new to this board and found most posters here to be more sound and realistic than those on other boards but you comment about GH is just - uhm - well how do I say this politely - not true.

I have watched this show for 20 years plus and the last year of GH has been a total disaster since after Feb sweeps 2007. This was once the best soap on TV and I like the mob but not on the entire show. I also resent the influx of new characters = this is the largest cast on daytime TV and all characters except the same select few are given 30 second segments.

There is very little continuity and good storytelling on this show period and the TMK storyline well all I can say is they killed off 2 great and vital characters with history and tons of story potential for a story most viewers have forgotten about. ANd this is not just me. This is the 800,000 other viewers this show has lost over the past year. So if you are going to throw stones at DOOL(and they have lost many viewers over the last 2 years) let's be honest, GH deserves it's share too.

They need a total housecleaning and they need to trim their cast and give the cast members left stories and viable screentime with continuity. This show is a total mess and as I said the fact that their viewership is down substantially means that many viewers are just not buying the crap they are feeding people. I for one am insulted by Fron's continual comments and attempts to 'train' the audience into liking what he thinks we should like. Screw him and his idiocy and destruction of ABCD.

And there is zero romance on this show anymore. Jason and Liz as their featured couple are a joke. The characters they should be focusing on and giving more story to(not random plot points) are the Quartermaines(and bring them back), the Cassadines(same here), and a little of the mob like we used to have when Luke was more prominent.

Archived