February 4-8, 2008

Toups

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks fr the ratings! :) Wow. All soaps dropped except for DAYS. And here I was waking up early in the morning waiting for the ratings to be posted and then to see this happen is kind of depressing. Hopefully, things will be better next week.

• Members

Oh I can't wait for the ratings spin. I can hear it now "This is all Ric Hearst's fault." Or "This is why Liason needs to be front and center". Yeah, blah blah, heard it all before (this is in reference to another board, not anyone here at SON, lol).

If it's any consolation, I think the last week of GH will kick ass. Lots of good stuff going on.

I'm not surprised the Bell soaps fell, due to their huge increase the week before. However I believe with more of what they've been giving us, they will recapture those viewers in the long term.

What else can I say about ABC. Their network isn't doing good because of the quality of writing. AMC isn't good (Darnell Williams and Debbie Morgan are the only thing saving it for me), OLTL is good IMO, but suffers because of it's lead in. There needs to be changes from top to bottom. I truly believe that is the only way for ABC and it's shows to improve.

• Members

I don't blame Ric, but I do blame (in part) whomever decided to put that coma inducing story front and center during sweeps. The audience doesn't know Marianne. Why would they care to see her in a love story without a proper introduction to the canvas first? I have a very high tolerance for newbies and yet this story is just so boring to me because they decided to bludgeon me with it. I certainly won't claim that R&M is the only problem or even the biggest problem, but it surely isn't helping.

• Members

And here they are with changes from last week/last year.

(compared to last week/compared to last year)

1. The Young and the Restless 4.0 (-.3/-.6)

2. The Bold and the Beautiful 2.8 (-.2/-.5)

3. As the World Turns 2.3 (-.1/-.2)

3. General Hospital 2.3 (-.1/-.8)

5. Days of our Lives 2.2 (same/-.3)

6. All My Children 2.1 (-.1/-.6)

7. One Life to Live 2.0 (-.2/-.6)

8. Guiding Light 1.9 (-.1/-.4)

Archived