January 21-25, 2008

Toups

• Members

There's a difference between *surviving* and *thriving*. Case in point: Guiding Light is surviving, but sure as hell ain't thriving. Meanwhile, The Bold & the Beautiful, daytime's last successful soap to premiere, thrived and became a top-rated soap 5 years after being on the air.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And, from what I understand, JER hasn't ended one single story in the 8 years the show has been on. Is that right?

Toups, you say that you can see the good and bad in him....

Yet every time you post about him, you say how he can save DOOL with his stories if he is left alone, and just in this thread, you haven't said one remotely negative thing about him.

So, I must ask......what are his bad points, Toups?

• Members

Not surprised. Days was boring week. Also, let's keep in mind, this was not Higley's work. Last week was the last week of Hogan's stuff. Things have to happen to bring in ratings. Putting the vets on is a start and if Days was preempted in a large market, that doesn't help either.

I think it will rebound in the weeks ahead.

I won't even get in on the JER debate. All I will say is that JER is definitely not the answer. The show needs to hold on to it's ratings. Not just climb up for a few months only to come crashing down again. That is the kind of crap JER and other writers have been doing for years and all it does is lead to worse numbers in the end.

• Members

Here they are compared to last week/last year

1. The Young and the Restless 4.1 (same/-.3)

2. The Bold and the Beautiful 2.9 (same/-.3)

3. General Hospital 2.6 (+.1/-.2)

4. As the World Turns 2.3 (same/-.2)

5. All My Children 2.2 (same/-.3)

5. One Life to Live 2.2 (same/-.3)

7. Days of our Lives 2.1 (-.1/-.4)

8. Guiding Light 2.0 (+.1/-.3)

• Members

:lol:

Plus, last week was way too much of a focus on J&M and their back and forth. Things picked up on Friday and going into this week. This week was much more balanced as far as stories go. Plus, without those Monday bumps, alot of shows would've been right where they were last week. It's going to take awhile for Days to re-build an audience and as long as Higley doesn't bore people out of their mind, I think it can happen. Hopefully, Hogan gets back soon to recitify anything she wrecks :lol:.

• Members

Aw..Darn I was hoping ATWT would hit at least a 2.4 this week. :P It has been pretty good. At least they ratings were constant through the week. But the CBS soaps didnt get a bump on MLK day. They always get a bump on that day. ABC got the bump this year.

I see DM return to AMC did nothing for the ratings as well. That and Jesse's return.

Why is GH so high? I think it is awful right now. JMO of course.

And LOL about some of the Days posts. Either Marlena is not on enough or she is on too much. :lol: You cant have it both ways. The excuses for the ratings fall is too much.

And GL above a 2.0?? :rolleyes:

• Administrator

Prom Boat disaster, Warlock Island, Sheridan buried alive, Hell in a Closet, Timmy's journey to save Charity, the secret of Ethan's paternity, etc. Yeah of course storylines end.

False tags, repetitive scenes, flashbacks just to name a few. That's pretty much the JER bashing you're gonna get out of me. :D

• Members

January 31, 2008

Fringe Ratings Report: ABC Daytime Programming

Week of January 21-25, 2008

ABC’s Daytime Lineup Ranks #1 and Delivers its Best

Performance in 18 Weeks Among Women 18-49

With its Best Performance in 18 Weeks, “General Hospital”

Ranks #1 with Key Women 18-34 and Women 18-49

Led by “General Hospital,” ABC Owns 4 of the Week’s Top 5-Ranking

Daytime Programs with Target Women 18-49

“The View” and “General Hospital” Place Among the Week’s

Top 5 Most-Watched Daytime Programs in Total Viewers

“The View” Enjoys its Most-Watched Week in Nine Months in Total Viewers,

and in 17 Weeks in Women 18-34

With the Return of Fan Favorites Jesse and Angie, Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan, “All My Children” Hits a 17-Week High in Total Viewers

and Matches a 17-Week High in Women 18-49

“One Life to Live” Turns in its Best Delivery in 16 Weeks Among Women 18-34

ABC Daytime

Daytime’s No. 1 network in Women 18-49 (1.0 million/1.5 rating), ABC posted its best numbers in 18 weeks in the target demo, since week of 9/17/07.

With its best performance in 18 weeks -- since week of 9/17/07 -- “General Hospital” stood as Daytime’s No. 1 program among Women 18-34 (1.2 rating) and Women 18-49 (1.8 rating - tied).

ABC delivered 4 of the week’s Top 5-ranking programs in Daytime in Women 18-49: “General Hospital” (#1T - 1.8 rating), “The View” (#3 - 1.5 rating), “One Life to Live” (#4T - 1.4 rating) and “All My Children” (#4T - 1.4 rating).

In Total Viewers, “The View” (3.9 million) and “General Hospital” (3.3 million) placed among the week’s Top 5 most-watched programs in daytime.

This week qualified as “The View’s” most-watched week in 9 months in Total Viewers (3.9 million – since week of 4/23/07), and in 17 weeks in Women 18-34 (381,000 – since week of 9/24/07).

Aided by the return of fan favorites Jesse and Angie, played by Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan, “All My Children” garnered its best ratings in 17 weeks in Total Viewers (2.8 million -- since week of 9/24/07) and matched a 17-week high in Women 18-49 (912,000 – tied week of 1/14/08).

“One Life to Live” delivered its best performance in 16 weeks among Women18-34, (306,000 -- since week of 10/1/07).

Following are the Daytime Lineup ratings averages, plus Top 5 Programs Ranks – Week of Jan. 21-25, 2008:

Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s)

No. 1 CBS† 4.20 million No. 1 ABC 1.5/1.00 million

No. 2 ABC† 3.19 million No. 2 NBC 1.4/920,000

No. 3 NBC† 2.91 million No. 3 CBS† 1.4/912,000

Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating)

Program Net Rtg/000s

The Young & the Restless CBS 1.8/1.19 million

General Hospital ABC 1.8/1.16 million

The View ABC 1.5/994,000

One Life to Live ABC 1.4/954,000

All My Children ABC 1.4/912,000

Days of Our Lives NBC 1.4/920,000

Bold & the Beautiful ABC 1.4/914,000

Source: NTI, Live + Same Day, 1/21-1/25/08;

Archived