January 21-25, 2008

Toups

• Members

Those are more events then storylines, Toups.

Tell me...did Shuis ever get together? Or Lancy? How about Ethan/Theresa? Juliian/Eve?

Gotta love how JER built Ivy's story up for years only to give us a lackluster climax that did nothing for story. Sam and Ivy were ignored after that and thrown back together without any buildup.

JER is burnt out. He's done. All the guy does now is shock and awe and it does nothing for Passions and would do nothing for Days long-term. He's all wrong for any HW's job in daytime right now. It's bad enough we have had people rip off his storytelling, which is a big reason why the soap genre is hurting.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Events are storylines though.

But these aren't storylines, they're characters. Storylines are events that happen TO the characters. You suppose to have the same people involved in different storylines/events over many years - that's how you write soap opera, IMO. Over that span of 1993-1997, he would always have the same characters involved with each other: John/Marlena/Kristen, Hope/Billlie/Bo, Jack/Jen/Peter, Lucas/Sami/Austin/Carrie. So it's no surprise that over PSNS' 8 year history, we still have: Theresa/Ethan/Gwen, Julian/Eve, Sam/Ivy, Sheridan/Luis, Kay/Miguel, Chad/Whitney.

Sure his PSNS storylines were never as good as his DAYS storylines, but I still truly believe that if Jim can get total creative control, he can make DAYS amazing again. DAYS and PSNS are totally different shows, so when I think of Jim writing for DAYS, I don't associate it with his PSNS work - I just look at his history with DAYS.

• Members

That's debatable...JMO of course.

Ratings don't always reflect quality, but there's no denying GH has been much better since Garin Wolf and JFP have been running the show. We've seen more of Monica on a non-sweeps month than we've seen in years.

The problem isn't Marlena. It's the writing and the Damned [H]ack behind it. People watch DAYS for more than just Marlena or John. The vets being on every day won't matter if the writing still sucks ass. There was one day this month were DAYS just....."lost it" IMO. Maybe i'm just bitter about Brandon & Martha, but I know that's when I stopped enjoying the show.

• Members

I have to disagree with you Toups. JER has complete control over Passions. He influences casting. It's HIS show, and yet look and what his vision has done for that show? Passions is what he would turn DAYS into if he had the chance IMO. A complete and utter clusterfuck (and this is coming from someone who enjoys Passions).

Archived