December 3-7, 2007

Toups

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you know what i find funny about these ratings?.. looks at the women Domos..then look at the men's? for us men were gaining veiwers...but the women obviously don't want any part of the MOB WAR that's about to come up...nothing is wrong with GH's writing if you ask me.. many women are the main problems why GH is at 2.3...All they do is whine and complain about how GH is the mob hour..well I'm sorry to tell you ladies.."DEAL WITH IT". GH was always about the mob since the 80's..and it's gonna continue to be about the mob. even with a new writer in charge..the show will still have the mob aspect. :D

• Members

Lol...I agree with you on that.

Plus since when did Mob become unpopular...I mean I think its safe to say that a lot of people enjoyed mob films like The Godfather, Goodfellas, etc...GH is just that on a daily basis (sometimes) mixed in with the regular elements of a soap opera. I love the show for that and I"ll continue to watch it cuz its capable of making me experience a WIDE range or emotions rather than boredom...

• Members

I wonder what Frons thinks of the "nursing home" network CBS now?!?!?!? :lol: Almost every show is up in viewers for this year. Probably all the viewers that Frons drove away with his stupidity! :D You would think that his job would be at risk for making such poor decisions but he gets promoted instead. Maybe he will learn that you can't treat viewers like they don't have any brains. And, maybe, just maybe, he should respect actors over the age of 35.

• Members

Explain to me how Frons can still have a job with ratings like these? Yes the writers and producers he's hired are crap (well, apparently OLTL's writer is good), but ultimately he's accountable for all of the ABC woes, and he should be relieved of his duties. AMC getting a 1.8...on a Friday? Sad, sad, sad.

• Members

Well I think thats "dealing with it" in the appropriate matter...simply click the remote and wallah...GH is gone from your site. However it doesn't really matter in this day and age. The ratings for all soaps have been going down steadily. Viewers of ALL soaps continue to complain about the writing or w/e they fancy at the current moment.

Because maybe the ratings are better than half of the soaps that are currently on the air? Why should Frons or ABC be worried? They can basically do no right according to some viewers. So I guess all thats left for them to care about is the money and relatively good ratings/status. GH continues to be in the Top Tier of soaps among viewers and ratings and as long as that continues to be the case Frons probably isn't going anywhere.

Same can be said for probably all the soaps right?

I just don't understand why we single out specific soaps every week..when the general trend seems to be the same exact thing for every soap. Granted Days is on the rebound but ofr months is what the constant this and that. And then months before that it was Y&R does this and that wrong....months before that it was ATWT.

I guess I'm just tired of it all...if you're not happy with the show then thats your opinion and I respect it 100%. But the constant week to week doom and gloom doesn't really change things. But then again everyone has a right to voice their opinion whenever they want and I guess venting it is better than holding it in.

• Members

Have you seen Y&R and ATWT and GH and AMC? There is good reason to complain, lol. Should we just say nothing and let these hack writers keep their job? People are praising DAYS, B&B and OLTL (which are delivering) so that shows we do enjoy discussing good things on soaps. Problem is, there isn;t much good to discuss.

I don't understand why a soap fan should accept anything. If it were primetime this would be on cable news.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 14 2007, 12:32 PM)
Have you seen Y&R and ATWT and GH and AMC? There is good reason to complain, lol. Should we just say nothing and let these hack writers keep their job? People are praising DAYS, B&B and OLTL (which are delivering) so that shows we do enjoy discussing good things on soaps. Problem is, there isn;t much good to discuss.

I don't understand why a soap fan should accept anything. If it were primetime this would be on cable news.

I watch 3 out of the four shows you mentioned and I happen to find some good things in all of them. They might not be perfect...no show (soap or not) is perfect. However I think the 3 I watch are decent shows day to day, week to week.

Like I said before you can say all you want. However at some point (if it were me) I'd get tired of complaining and not seeing any results. I'd probably get the clue that its not going to change anything and move on to a show I DO enjoy.

Archived