December 3-7, 2007

Toups

• Members

I really don't like when members laughs when my show goes down. It may not be your cup of tea but last week was pretty good IMO. Like they said this show is about the mob now and I don't think it will change soon. I saw diversity last week which was nice. GH is not the worst show out there and its funny when the ratings go up, then the show is awesome blablabla but when it goes down everyone laughs at the show.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In a way I feel sad that GH and AMC have fallen so far. I grew up on these shows and loved them. But as the old cliche says you reap what you sow. For years ABCD has treated favoured vets with disrepect, pissed on the history of their shows, and basically told the fans too bad suck it up. So this is what you get- abmysal ratings because the viewers have had enough. The demo's show it.

The fact that Brian Frons still has a job just proves to me I made the right choice in tuning out. ABCD has been on a downhill slide ever since Disney and their suits took over. I can't believe the only soap I am watching is DAYS. I personally find it far superior to any of the crap ABC is throwing my way. I would rather give them my prime demo viewership and my professional income. Of course since I am close to 35 Frons probably considers me over the hill anyway.

• Members

Its bitterness really...try not to take it personally. Trust me I know its hard but eventually you'll realize its not about you but really about the evil corporations that some people think are after them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the pattern...for example....HYPOTHETICALLY next week Days will go down 0.1 in the ratings and everyone will be up in arms about how Days is horrible and the writing is craptastic, the vets are featured, the stories are boring, etc....

Or ATWT goes down a few points....or even better Y&R drops to a 3.9 (apparently a sign of the apocalypse) and all of sudden Y&R will be on everyone's lips. Yet nothing will have changed dramatically in terms of quality from the week before. The same storylines will have aired and been executed the same way yet for some reason the lil change in numbers means something fundamentally was wrong that week with the show and the writers.

• Members

i Agree beachbum...double standards sure speak for thereself...you either love the show or you don't..i have no worries that GH will rise again..that's what they do..but has it ever occurred to people that maybe an episode was missed? or what about if people are out shopping for presents? it could be anything. IMO GH is and will always be the number 1 soap on Television Despite the ratings..it only proves how many people are watching the soap..and if you be honest with yourself for just a minute..you'll notice that women are in the majority to hate anything that has to do with mob and violence...don't get me wrong..i know there are a select few women out there that love the mob..but most women in there 30's that come on here complain constantly about the mob..so it doesn't surprize me that women are the main problems GH is at 2.3....and just for the record. DOOL is the worst soap..ejami/dimera vendetta S/L's. the teen scenes..there sure as hell isn't anything to be excited about..DOOL is the most boring soap on TV. that goes for the Y&R/B&B to..there is no comparison when you compare them to GH. GH is the best soap. and entertaining soap.

• Members

Don't count out the ABC shows yet. They're bringing back Jessie/Angie, Sarah Brown and rumours of Lucy Coe. I pray that Frons knows that we grew up with these shows and want our old faves back

As for Days, i'm sorry I don't know what you're watching but it is NOT far superior that GH IMO

• Members

Beachbum you're right...i can't believe somebody Actually said DOOL is superior?LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..I'm sorry i had to get that out of my stomach..if i list everything wrong with DOOL..that show is below Passions standards...just for one example..look at the Theresa/Gren/Ethan triangle?...now look at the Philip/belle/Shawn triangle?..see anything similar? not to mention Hogan Sheffer almost got ATWT cancelled in his run as head writer.....most everybody wanted that man gone from ATWT...Sad to see DOOL fans are cursed with having him as there head writer...and that's saying allot...and then people wonder why NBC soaps gets ignored at the Emmy's.

• Members

I hate to be a bitch but please show me the proof that Hogan almost got ATWT cancelled. As far as I can tell he got them some Emmy noms - and his later years were not great - but AMC bad - not quite. When did ATWT hit AMC levels with Hogan?

And I am blind or is DAYs ahead of AMC in demos? And the ABCD erosion I am interested in your theory on that. Backed up with data of course. Don't strain yourself.

• Members

I am going to reply to this post cause I was watching back in the early 80s, heck before the 80s and I watched Frank Smith and Luke Spencer spar, and the Cassadines freeze the world - I remember those good old days and they are from returning to this life time, especially with the morons in charge that we have now.

If you like to watch women be doormats and everyone in town but the fab four be dumbasses then this show is for you! Me, I like me some medical drama, some romance angst and some family togetherness and not just to attend a loved one's funeral! I'm sorry but the holidays should not be about saddness and sorrow because of mob violence - it should be about family togetherness with those you love and thankful you have what you have.

This show has gone down the drain since about 1997. And has slowly been swirling the bowl the past 5 years. If Frons and his merry minions want the show cancelled within the next 5 years - they are surely doing a bang up job!

I will not watch this drivel. I am one of many who have tuned out or turned the channel. Me, I've tuned out before and have returned a few times in the past 15 years - but no more. I will return when ABCD finds their brains and fires the idiots in charge. Until then, I'll be watching NBC.

Jen

• Members

my thoughts Exactly. good luck watching NBC. people are saying that ABC is going down the drain..well sorry to break the news...but with the bad ratings DOOL is having as of late...the people that run NBC programing might not even renew DOOL in 2009...they want out of the soap business...and for those that said you want proof of ATWT almost getting cancelled because of Hogan Sheffer?..i tell you what....find the nearest Boards with allot of fans of ATWT and make a pull...do you want Hogan Sheffer back as head writer?..and i guarantee 90% of people will say "HELL NO"..he was a horrible writer and almost got ATWT cancelled.

Archived