October 29 - November 2, 2007

Toups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly, I don't see AMC improving even if new writers are brought on the show. I think that the network suits, Frons, and Carruthers are the real problems with the show. Even if Carruthers goes, AMC won't change unless the network finally decides to change their thinking about soaps and let the writers do their jobs without interfering.

• Members

The one thing I don't like is that ATWT lost in total viewers, I was hoping that stayed the same just like the HH's did. I hope this will not be a new trend, we were starting to get up there. And this week has been great I am really hoping for a 2.4 but I don't know if it can do it.

• Members

For some reason they won't fire Frons - but if AMC just could somehow sneak FMB back in as EP without Frons "noticing" (and of course fire B&E), heh.

I think they were at 2.9 million last week (oh 2.7 mil I guess), very abnormal for them - they fell back to where they were before John's death.

• Members

OMG...GL #5 in Total Viewers? :o The Total Viewers for AMC and Days looks very scary. The same for GL and OLTL. And WOW...AMC dead last in women 18-49 with a 1.0? These ratings are eye-opening and jaw dropping... And when has ATWT been at #4 in women 18-49 and B&B at #3?....Just WOW!! And I guess GH's big November sweeps is a dud!!

• Members

Maybe Chris Goutman and Hogan Scheffer can be reunited at AMC. Maybe Hogan could do a better job there then he is doing on DAYS.

DAYS is in shambles. Sad to say it, but I fear that cancellation is imminent. Hogan has managed to destroy the show's nucleus.

The old nucleus could be described as: J&M, B&H and J&J--the New York Yankees, New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers of NBC daytime! The new nucleus can be described as: Bo&Hope and Steve&Kayla--four together, together forever.

Steve

• Members

Well well well. Who would have thought that GL would ever have been only 400,000 viewers off tying GH. Shock of shocks. See it's times like this when I think GL has a lot of life left in it because it's SO much cheaper to produce (and after January will be even more cost effective) than the bloated, over (under) produced ratings hemorrhage GH and the ratings are becoming more and more similar.

It's official: everything about AMC is wrong wrong wrong. Paging Susan Lucci, we are in desperate need of a major story, I repeat paging Susan Lucci.

DAYS: just as I feared, they backburned Marlena and the ratings hit the toilet once again. Guess what NBC/Corday/SONY whoever: the young actors just aren't going to work. You might as well fire them all and have Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso and Dierdre Hall just read the phone book...that would get the same or better ratings for half the price of all these ridiculously untalented teens.

Y&R: Well the stunt did nothing. Nada. Not a damn thing. Guess what CBS/SONY/LML: STUNTS DON'T WORK WITH Y&R's AUDIENCE, CHARACTER DRIVEN STORYLINES WORK.

B&B: Kay Alden, God love her, is just making everything fabulous on this show and the ratings are going to increase, that's my bet. I love this show now, it's the new Y&R, it's now the gold standard.

ATWT, OLTL I don't really watch...purely from a numbers perspective ATWT is certainly doing well and seems to be getting some solid footing, good for them...anything that takes away from GH or AMC is fine by me. OLTL is very close to falling off the 2.0 cliff and it seems once a show does that it has a hard time getting back up.

Oh and did I forget to say: FIRE FRONS!

• Members

I agree 100% with that statement. GL looks so cheap looking. Its sets are so bad. And yet it still brings in a 1.9 and 2.0 rating for the week. I would have thought by now GL would have dropped into the 1.5 range. Because the stories suck and the show looks real cheap in production values.

• Members

And they should boot JHC right out the door with them. For some reason, she rarely shoulders any blame for the state of AMC, but she's the common denominator between McTavish and B&E. I mean, DEAD LAST in the all-important 18-49 demo, even sinking below GL (which doesn't even have nationwide clearance AND is on CBS, the "old-folks network")?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see everyone in Pine Valley, including Erica and Adam, bunking at Wildwind by February.

• Members

ABCD is getting exactly what it deserves. They don't care about their audience and their audience has gotten that message.

I find the Y&R thing most interesting. I've watched solely ABCD soaps for all my life until YR and DOOL showed up on SN. I get the impression that YR is trying.

Just curious, am I the only one here that Neilson Research contacted after taking the YR survey?

Archived