October 29 - November 2, 2007

Toups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days doesn't have the time to get a new HW in here and to deal with another transition. Improved balance and continuing to tell great stories with compelling drama is the formula. Besides, they were bound to go down after a few weeks of gains. It's a pattern with all soaps who see consecutive ratings increases. It's a slow build and last week was pretty much a write off week with them cleaning up the young cast stories and setting up sweeps. They are on the right track and I think they will have it all going at the end of the year.

As for ABC, they need some serious help. They have done nothing to even rock the boat or change things up. OLTL was doing better and still is but it's not exciting enough most days to grip people and keep them watching.

• Administrator

Well, they are a curse! They were HWs when 3 soaps were cancelled and they get hired again? And now it just took them 5 months to arrive in last place. Unbelievable.

Kay Alden must be laughing her ass off right now at that idiot Brian Frons.

• Members

It can't be just a coincidence that since Kay Alden went to B&B, the writing and the ratings have improved, and the upcoming

SL should push this show above 3.0. :D:D

DAYS: predictable! They weren't going to sustain the temporary increase of the last 2 weeks. Sheffer has had enough chances, it's time for a new headwriter, and I don't mean Dena Higley. :rolleyes:

ABC soaps: dreadful! I don't watch any of them, but it's astonishing that former powerhouses like AMC and GH are in the [!@#$%^&*]!

:angry:

• Members

anita, SZ got that from Lsk who posted them on the first page here, you can find the rest of the daily numbers there. Thanks Lsk.

I apologize if this is a repeat of what somebody else has already said by the time I post this ;)

It's unfortunate for AMC/ABC fans though - both the Frons situation (his inability to hire good PTB's), and the B&E situation (they are indeed a curse).

Nobody can say the 3 cancellations was a coincidence now, IMO. They got a soap in middle-ground and took it to last place and down and down it goes.

• Members

Ouch! The ABC soaps are suffering.

As for ATWT, I doubt that Carly is the one that people are tuning into see. She is just a small factor in their postive ratings. Her storyline is beyond dreadful. I much prefer to watch Holden, Lily, Noah, Luke, and anything with Rosanna & Paul.

Archived