October 29 - November 2, 2007

Toups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am really even more curious to know how Passions is doing ratings wise on DirecTV. AMC and others are getting the same 18-49 ratings that Passions was getting in its final weeks. The only soaps that seem to be "healthy" are Y&R and B&B which just happen to be the two soaps along with Passions I am watching daily. ATWT had me but they aren't featuring Nuke enough. I do love Holden/Lily/Dusty though.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 9 2007, 05:57 AM)
If Frons turned down Kay Alden, who did the impossible at Y&R (taking over for Bill Bell), he will never be able to save AMC. When she took over Y&R she revived the Chancellor and Abbott families. Lots of focus on vets like Victor, Nikki, Jill, Katherine, etc. in major stories. Tons of diversity in terms of race and ages of characters featured. If she brought these things to AMC, I don't see how it could've failed. She also told her stories in a way very similar to classic AMC. Lots of humor mixed with family drama, romance, camp, mystery you name it. Plus the woman was so passionate! WHY did Frons let her go?! Let's not forget Jack Smith had a deal as well.

From an interview that Alden gave Soap Opera Digest when she took her current job as associate head writer at B&B, she chose to leave ABC when her six month consulting contract was up. She apparently felt that the way things were done on the ABC shows was very different from what she was used to working on Y&R all those years, where she followed a lot of what Bill Bell taught her, so she didn't feel comfortable continuing the relationship. That's when she rang up Brad Bell and asked him if he had any work, and Brad offered her the job she has now.

• Members

I think PSNS is okay at DirecTV. I recall reading that they extended the PSNS Live series, which would suggest people are interested in the show on that network. I've just got DirecTV, so I'm full-time watching PSNS now. I have this weeks episodes on DVR and can't wait to watch them.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 10 2007, 05:24 PM)
I think PSNS is okay at DirecTV. I recall reading that they extended the PSNS Live series, which would suggest people are interested in the show on that network. I've just got DirecTV, so I'm full-time watching PSNS now. I have this weeks episodes on DVR and can't wait to watch them.

You should really enjoy this weeks episodes because I certainly did. I don't have DirecTV, but thank God I get to watch @ nbc.com

• Members

Goutman, in my opinion, has always been and will always be more suited to ABC than to P&G. P&G used to pride itself on competing with ABC and then it kind of started wanting to BE ABC. Hopefully P&G will see these numbers and never make that mistake again.

• Members

It's sad because the show LOOKS great. But Hogan Sheffer was not an appropriate choice for HW. He worked for ATWT (at first...) because at that point ATWT had been suffering creatively for a while and needed something new and different. But DAYS, which has let every psycho in the world do the HW job, needed someone established and stable when JER was fired.

I agree, B&B is definitely the new Y&R. I've always been a fan of Brad Bell, but adding Kay Alden has been pure genius. Great soap.

It's insane though that OLTL is now ABC Daytime's most stable soap. Completely opposite of all ABCD history. That said, as a CBS fan, I would usually take pleasure in ABC falling. But it's now falling to scary numbers and I don't enjoy it at all.

Archived