October 29 - November 2, 2007

Toups

• Members

Oh dear, 3 soaps with a 1.9?! Soaps are dying! It also looks like Days lost those viewers they might have gained after John's death, what a shame. As good as some of us find the sorority stuff good, I think it's turning off many people who turned back in.

ABC seems like it's rapidly dying, even GH couldn't rise for the begining of sweeps.

Again, sad when the #3 soap is at a 2.3.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days' decline had nothing to do with John or the sorority story. Nothing happened last week. The week after John's death had Phelle sex, Sami having twins, etc. The show itself wasn't bad last week but when nothing big happens the ratings will tumble.

Although, then again, looking at the numbers for all soaps, not even big events give you big numbers anymore. Fans are seeing through GH's sweeps stunts now, even if they are good.

I knew Days would go down but I didn't expect AMC, GL, and OLTL to freefall with it. We have 6 shows in the mix for 3-8 and that is a shame. Soaps are in trouble. As far as Days goes, the balance has been improving and hopefully the show continues to see increases as we go along and other stories begin to develop.

• Members

I think GH's sweeps isn't nearly as interesting as it's been in the past. The hostage crisis and train wreck were interesting. This Ball concept is boring even me, and I put up with a lot from my soaps. It takes a lot for me to tune out and I still haven't, but I'm bored.

• Members

That 2.0 on Friday saved Days too. That actually bodes well for this week. That episode had some good stuff between Steve/Kayla, EJ/Stefano, and Bo/Hope. Bo and Hope have been on all this week and the Shawn/Belle/Philip stuff did a good job with the numbers last week so, hopefully, it will help for this week along with the wedding.

Scary numbers all around though.

• Members

The numbers do not surprise me for OLTL. The show is awful right now. There is nothing to watch but people walking around with nothing to do. That is why i no longer watch.

GH did not do great but hopefully next week they will increase more. They are still years ahead of OLTL.

• Members

Welll...on a more positive note at least Days only fell .1 and had a 2.0 on Friday!

Damn...AMC and OLTL are just falling and falling. Some of it may just be fans who were tortured for such a long time by Mctavish's writing even with what little B&E have done it caused them to just quit watching. But also it seems not much even happens on it anymore. Damn.

• Members

I know. AMC is in free fall. I really don't think it's that bad myself. I wonder if more and more people are getting DVR's and that's why the ratings keep falling?? I know I don't watch any soap live and haven't for months. Why do that when I can use my DVR and skip the commercials?

• Members

I don't know if this makes a difference but Comcast Cable in NJ is discontinuing the basic cable. So, those of us who have basic cable had to get digital cable with dvr. That's the new "basic" cable. We just got ours last week. I know NY has Cablevision, but I can't tell what the other states have.

• Members

The problem with DAYS is that despite a good week or two for John's death, fans have still been rejecting Hogan's vision for DAYS since he arrived. In order to even have a chance at long term rating success, they need a new headwriter. Hogan has been a flop from day one. DAYS doesn't need hardcore fans who read soap mags or the internet and know when there is a good episode here or there. They need those large numbers who can turn DAYS on, sweeps or not, and see the fantastic soap the fell in love with.

Glad that ATWT held steady (shame about Friday!) and B&B is doing good as well. B&B deserves a huge boost for their sweeps story. Not surprised about GH, I think GH fans are sick of all this darkness. They need to call Claire Labine to work her magic again.

• Members

But DVR viewing is captured in the ratings. Specifically, for the ratings reported in SON, the ratings capture all shows watched within one day of their initial airing. I think there is also a rating which includes DVR plus seven days (for primetime at least - not sure about daytime but I assume so and obviously these ratings come out much later).

Archived