This newspaper article in Denmark says that Voof is

now in Denmark where her book just went #1

http://www.berlingske.dk/article/20071102/kultur/111021276/

I have friends at OLTL but they said the show has

no interest in Vola an Ron never considered bringing

her on.

• Members

More from Veronica Sandbridge:

"Megan McTavish...is best known for several head writing stints on All My Children. Her alias is Veronica Sandbridge and writes scripts for One Life To Live."

"Veronica Sandbridge (being reported by Soap Opera Digest to be an alias of a well-known writer)."

One Life To Live

Head Writer (February 1999- January 2001)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_McTavish

• Members

More thoughts on Boof's tenure as a ghostwriter on Y&R:

"...And as for [!@#$%^&*] Borf writing for Y&R I hope not. I saw her on Larry King Live and she was embarrasing. She was so bad answering questions that I could barely keep from changing the channel. It's bad enough LML is ruining Y&R; I'd rather not have another bozo mucking up the show..."

Posted by dbklmt @ TWOP/Y&R

"Respectfully, it's not like she's gonna be acting on the show. Who cares how she answers questions on live television? Her writing is quite good. As one of the interim writers in between JERk's reign of terror and Hogan Scheffer's installation as new head writer on Days, [K*la Boof] (not Borf) scripted sharp dialogue, compelling interaction, and, as novel a concept as it is, really understood the female characters on the show in a way that was markedly different from what viewers were used to having suffered through JERk's relentlessly misogynistic portrayal of women. I think it's a shame that people judge her on her past or the way she acts and not on her actual talent.."

Posted by BenjyDiMera @ TWOP/Y&R

"I know someone with lots of Y&R gossip and from what she told me, this was always Daniel's story. The way it was originally pitched (not by Latham) was around the time of the Alex reveal when Dily had fallen out. It would've been more of an umbrella story involving the entire Winters family and Lily with some balls. I believe everyone already knows there was a ghost writer on Y&R last year who wrote most of the Winters stuff. It was her story and it was fabulous."

Posted by Knots Landing @ TWOP/Y&R

• Members

Like I said, I'm sure soaps are chomping at the bit to get McTavish, lol. It's insane, but if Higley could get a new job, why not McT? It never sounded like Frons wanted to let her go with his comments that she just needed a break. I'd say it's more likely to be her that Boof.

ChangedBYSon,

Do you know of any other writers who've done bibles for soaps, but been turned down? Any idea what Kay Alden had in mind for AMC?

• Members

If Vola wants so desperately to head write for soaps, then why did "ghost white" and go uncredited on soaps she allegedly wrote for? That doesn't make any sense, especially if she was trying to shop a bible around within in industry. I hardly doubt any writer would write that significant amount of storyline projection and execution and not take any credit for it. Some of you need to give up on these undocumented conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

• Members

Y&RWorldTurner, she was credited for one script at DAYS and it was a great script btw. Obviously it wasn't the only thing she worked on. Boof even said in audio interviews with WoST that she was ghost writing on another soap, but didn't reveal it was Y&R. The reason it was on the hush is because of all the exploitative press they'd get because of her Osama bin Laden connection. This is untimately why she was fired from DAYS, not because of talent, too much press.

My source told me months ago that three slots would be opening at OLTL in November and that Ron was interested in her. Same source also said that she would be credited for her work. I posted this in the Writers and Directors thread BEFORE Veronica Sandridge was credited, so it's not something I'm retconning. It was out there, but nobody was willing to entertain any Bola Boof talk. VR apparently tried to get her credited at Y&R, but was unsuccessful.

• Members

I thought she was GREAT on Larry King Live. He really liked her a lot!

This person is totally lying.

Boof gives really fantastic interviews, here she is on MSNBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHtrRamIe7M

She's very intelligent.

People use her "past" as an excuse for her color TBH. They just don't want

someone who seems so alien and different writing their shows and they fear

she will become another Shonda an blow up.

I know those episodes of "Days" she wrote were off the chain! Everybody

was talking about how good her shows were.

Archived