DAYS: New Love-Incest Storyline

• Members

Okay so I know GL had Jammy w/their love/incest...but why is DAYS going down the Max/Stephanie storyline? I thought that Hogan wouldn't do that type of story and to me this is a little more creepy and weird as compared to Jammy, Stephanie is his neice, his sister's daughter...I'm torn!

What does everyone think?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hogan disappoints me with this storyline. He ws so against the incest angle last summer, and now he's giving us incest. Whether Max and Stephanie are blood related, they're still both Bradys and still related. And the worst part about this is that Max has known about Stephanie her entire life. With Chelsea, I could take their relationship because they didn't know each other. Chelsea wasn't part of the Brady family her entire life. While it was still gross, it was a lot better than Max and Stephanie.

• Members

Well, I find it kind of icky, but I can see that on days incest is hard to avoid (not impossible, but difficult). I think it helps me immeasurably that unlike Jammy, they are not-blood related. I'm moderately troubled, but expect to get over it in time, if they're really going to pursue this relationship.

• Members

I think Hogan may have realized that he doesn't have as much control over the show as he thought. I think it's a matter of give and take. Hogan may want to do a story one way, but in return he has to give up something else.

It's clear that the departure of Ashley Benson put a kink in plans, but I'd much rather them go this route with Max & Stephanie, then them introduce some newbie for him to lust over and take up the air time. The less new characters that are introduced the better (at least for now).

• Members

Exactly. I think the loss of both Fath and Benson put Hogan in a bind. Also, I should say that the current Max/Stephanie pairing has Corday written all over it. Corday has always been about the teens. In 2001, everyone blamed Langan and, while he was responsible, Corday also was obsessed with the teens, especially his beloved Shelle. Corday saved face by firing Langan and pinning it all on him. I think Corday was on Hogan about creating another teen pairing because all the show had was Chick and this is all they got. Like Ryan said, it's better then another newbie. I just think this reeks of Corday. Hogan is not going to come out to the media and show himself to be adamantly against something only to go back on what he said a year later. The man is an emmy winner and is the type that wants to protect his reputation so I don't see him going back on what he said unless he had to.

I went from hating Max/Stephanie to tolerating them to now liking them. They have good chemistry and both Darin and Shelley can act. Shelley gets a bad rep and I think if not for the TTS plot, the Shayna Rose backlash, and bad writing for her she would be better received. She connects well with SN and MBE and has really shown her talent when given good material. Last week, I saw the potential in Max/Stephanie due to good writing and execution. If Days can continue that and not shove the couple down fans' throats, I think it will be fine. I also think they need to do a better job of mentioning the adopted uncle thing. If they don't gloss over it, I think it will have better results.

Archived