TV Guide Canada calls Y&R worst soap on TV

• Members

TV Guide Canada makes a great point.... I remember they made a Knots Landing spoof for the 200th episode and when they talk about Peter's death the announcer says, "Everyone finds out Paige killed Peter. But.... no-one cares anymore."

LML always kills off characters no-one cares about and then moves on quickly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I second that. I love Y&R. But I can understand some folks of the Bell years might not like this new regime. I didn't watch every day in the 90's like I do now. I only become and avid watcher as of I'd 2000 or so, so maybe that's why for me, Y&R is so good. For me it's refreshing from my old staple of mediocre Days.

I watch B&B Y&R and Days and of the 3 Y&R is the best and B&B is a close 2nd with this Brooke rape thing. And Days, well what can I say.

I just love how LML does the use of characters and how they intermingle. And skin man I feel the same way. I HAVE TO WATCH EVERY EPISODE and I love that. Something happens EVERY DAY and there is no one central storyline or characters the wealth is spread nicley. Compared to the others shows. Y&R is now the soap that shows most of it veterans regularly.

The dialog is witty, and smart. (ducks)

Now Even I can say that the Jana tumor things is really out there for Y&R but I still like it.

Every one has chemistry with everyone. Lily/Cane, Amber/Kevin/Daniel/Colleen .I think Logan and Brad could be all kinds of hot but LML is letting her go sad, and I am sad about Ji Min leaving as well.

• Members

I disagree 100%....

The only problem I've had with Y&R is Brad and the dumb stories hes been involved in both in the recent past and even know. The most important thing they can find for him to do is whine and complain about Phyllis? Or be uberobessive over Colleen's love lilfe? Quite pathetic really. But then again the character has always come across as useless to me.

But hey everyone entitled to their opinion. Although the ratings say otherwise.

• Members

Finally someone in the media had the guts to go against everyone else and call Latham out on what a hack job she has done to the once untouchable Y&R.

I'll admit watching a couple of episodes last week.... and actually enjoying some of the stuff, but the storylines are stil crap and the characters that are featured I don't give a damn about.

Bravo TV Guide!

Archived