TV Guide Canada calls Y&R worst soap on TV

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally! Someone noticed how bad the soap got. I can't recognize the show anymore. We've been trying to make people notice that the original and amazing soap has turned into a horror show. And now finally someone noticed it.

• Members

I caught an episode the other day. It's a lifeless, unprofessionally written, silly mess. At least on the other (admittedly) flawed soaps there's usually something going for it - ATWT has Luke and Noah, OLTL has the Tommy McBain saga, GH has a host of hot stories, and even GL has Ashlee and Doris. Y&R has...nothing.

• Members

They are only "good" ratings by comparing it to the other shows ratings. Compare Y&R ratings to 5-10-15 years ago NOT so good anymore. They losing like everyone else just the bleeding hasn't been as bad.

I haven't really watched Y&R in a month. I quit with that whole moronic Treasury agent mess happened.

• Members

I know Y&R is in a horrible state right now, but I hope ratings don't drop too much, because I'm worried it could have horrible effects on the rest of CBS daytime. CBS's ratings are already dropping much faster than ABC's, and I don't think they can afford to have their central show tank. Here's hoping they get a new HW soon, and things start looking up.

Archived