Dancing With The Stars Season 5

• Members

I was not a Sabrina fan, but I was a little sad to see her go because I really wanted to see her freestyle in the finale (because I'm sure it would have been great even though I'm not a fan of hers). I just didn't want her to win (go helio!) I'm also wondering about season 6...hopefully it will start in the spring like last year. With the show's ratings I would guess they'd try to get another group of contestants together. The only thing is that they are having that Bruno vs. Carrie Ann show in the spring so that might be taking the place of last spring's edition of dancing with the stars.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sooooooooooooo tired of hearing about how busy Cam is....... :rolleyes:

If he's so damn busy that his kids wonder why he's gone so much, he should take that as a hint that he needs to cut back on things. Hearing about how busy he is and using his kids as a sympathy ploy make me want to vote for everyone else but him, so he can clear DWTS off of his "busy" schedule......

• Members

While he was going on and on about him being so busy I was wondering if that segment might work against him. People might not vote for him because he's so stressed out and busysame goes for mel, they need to be very careful when they go on and on about being busy. If I'm not mistaken, Sabrina did that in her last segment and now she's gone.

I have to admire jane and marie, they really are good actresses, not to say they are untruthful or bad dancers. But Marie with all eight kids coming to her rehearsal and jane using johnny cash's memory to get the sympathetic vote is kinda underhanded in a way. But I guess you have to play a little dirty to win. I hope it works. I thought jane did great on her second dance, and marie did good on her first. I think jenny and cam could easily be in the bottom two.

• Members

I think Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani will go home tonight, with Cameron Mathison & Edyta Slavinska possible if Jane & Tony get enough votes.

My faves of the night were Mel B & Maks, Jennie Garth & Derrick Hough, & Marie Osmond & Jonathan Roberts(I was happy to see them at #1 in the 1st Dance.

I'm so sick of the singers (yet again!!!) and Samantha Harris's mouth.

• Members

You ever notice how they tend to keep Helio's status til later in the show? Drives (no pun intended!) me nuts, lol! :lol:

OMG, I can't believe Kenny M. said that stuff about Jennie's mouth. That's exactly what a lady at my work said drives her crazy. Still, it made me kind of uncomfortable to hear that, and the crack about Jane being 75-80 years old. Both remarks seemed a little too cruel to me.

Oh well, Jane went home the night after dancing to one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite singers. You know, most nights I like the DWTS singers but ain't none of 'em can sing like Johnny Cash! Maybe they should get Joaquin Phoenix, he did pretty well. ;)

• Members

Wooohooo, Helio and Julianne are back on top! Loved their dances! :lol: And that kiss! ;)

Tonight felt like disclosure night or something, lol...they mentioned Sabrina and Mark's romance and the fact that Jonathan and Anna are married.

A lot of soapers in the audience this season...Budig, Finola Hughes, K. Alderson, Brandon Buddy, and tonight I spotted James Scott.

• Members

Helio and Julianne needed that in the worst way. Best dance of the night and of the season IMO. No one has had that much energy in a dance and been that on the ball technically. Max and Mel had one close to that but this one surpassed it for me.

Here is my critique of tonight:

Jenny and Derek: The judges need to stop being harsh on Jenny and to STFU. Seriously, they are pulling [!@#$%^&*] out of their asses and I wish they would take a cue from AI's Simon and rewatch the performance because Jenny's posture was great on the first dance. It wasn't a perfect first dance but not that bad and Bruno with the 8 on the second one was baseless IMO. These two were great and are final bound IMO. Jenny has improved so much and I liked both of her dances tonight. Love the chemistry between these two.

Cameron and Edyta: I love Edyta, which is why I pulled so hard for these two to go far but enough is enough. Cameron has improved but the guy whines about something every week. This week he whines that he deserved a 10 last week. Whatever. I guess it was nice that we didn't hear about his damn schedule for once. His first dance was overrated but I also hate the waltz most of the time so that may have hurt the dance in my eyes. His second dance was dreadful. They should go tomorrow.

Marie and Jonathan: Loved these two. The ultimate entertainer. I've been saying all along that she won't win this but would end up top 4 and I think that will happen. Loved her second dance especially. I thought it had quite a bit of jive but, the judges are right. She does need more content. Her dances often feel like they are too short. Love watching her. She is so much fun on the floor and off. She spices things up. It was especially emotional considering her father so that should get her more votes then usual.

Helio and Julianne: I already talked about their second dance above, which was superb. Their first dance was good too but not great. He improved so much technically and he needed to. Now he is final bound IMO. He needed to explode and he did. I was shocked that Julianne used other pros. I wasn't sure you could do that since what they helped Helio with is really her job but then again I recall other pros coming in to help others with their partners in previous seasons so I guess it's ok.

Mel and Maks: Mel is really the most like a pro and the best dancer of the group. Maks is usually the downfall of his partners but, like Laila last year, Mel brings out the best in him. He's likeable this year and I consider Mel a much better version of Laila. They are the fave right now IMO and, going back on what I said earlier about Maks being Mel's downfall, I think they will now be a lock for the finals. Love them. Their first dance was good and the second was great.

So, my rankings tonight:

1.) Helio and Julianne

2.) Maks and Mel B.

3.) Jenny and Derek

4.) Marie and Jonathan

5.) Cameron and Edyta

My rankings overall:

1.) Maks and Mel B.

2.) Helio and Julianne

3.) Jenny and Derek

4.) Marie and Jonathan

5.) Cameron and Edyta

The bottom will be Marie/Jenny and Cameron with Cameron going, at least that is who I hope it will be and who it should be.

• Members

They revealed that Jonathan and Anna were married a few seasons ago (at least, I've known for a while and I just watch the show).

There were alot of soap stars in the audience. This is AT LEAST Rebecca Budig's second time in the audience (she was with her hubby the first time we spotted them) I think I even saw Terri Ivens in the audience last night (or at least a woman sitting abotu two or three people from James Scott that looked like her)

Archived