Dancing With The Stars Season 5

• Members

I think Marie got a lot of sympathy votes this week...she did not dance better than Jane. And I don't think I buy that whole "in no particular order" jazz. I think they wanted people to wonder about Helio, Jane and Marie.

I think I'm in the minority but when most of the musical performers come on I either mute them or catch up on some show I taped. :P I did like Seal doing "Kiss From A Rose" a couple of weeks ago, though.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

J.Lo was terrrible last night, and when she did that high note on the last song she did it sounded more like a scream. She does sound decent in spanish. That was ridiculous for jane to be in the bottom two, marie wasn't that great so she definantly got sympathy votes. I think that jennie/marie are the worst right now. Helio just needs to get his groove back.

• Members

Is it just me or does tony's choreography suck? I thought it was jane not wanting to step outside her english-rose box, but after the last couple of dances tony/jane have done I think it has more to do with tony's choreography, I just think jane is capable of doing more than what tony is giving her, I keep waiting for her to break out and it still really hasn't happen, I blame tony. An that outfit was too young for her, it was like she was trying too hard to get into the jive.

• Members

Woohoo! Go Helio and Julianne! Their first 10! Hated his outfit but loved the dance! And his hair. :D

I think the low scorers tomorrow are going to be Marie and Jane. I agree that the jive wasn't Jane's best dance. She just seemed heavier on her feet somehow. I've thought Marie was kind of mediocre all along and tonight I felt she spent more time swishing her skirt around and going horizontal on purpose. However, I'm going to guess that Jane goes out this week, mostly because I think Marie may have the bigger fanbase, being a performer. I think both Helio and Cameron are safe for a while and they are going to pare down the women for the next few weeks..Jane, then Marie, then Jennie, then Mel. My prediction is Sabrina will be up against the men for the final 3.

Group dance was good.

Okay, wasn't that Kristen Alderson and Brandon Buddy sitting behind Tom, to the left of the judges? We'll probably hear from them supporting Cameron in tonight's audience reaction segment.

• Members

HOLY CRAP!!!

They said this season was unpredictable and they were right. Jane and Marie safe? Cameron & Sabrina bottom two with Sabrina out??? Wow....shocker. :o I don't know anything about the Cheetah Girls or their fanbase but I thought her consistent high scores and their votes would keep Sabrina to the finale. And Cameron has improved and I thought his soap fanbase would keep him out of the bottom two for a while. I mean, even with their low scores, Jane and Marie got that many votes to keep them out of the bottom two??? :o

I must say, I do cheer each week that Helio and Julianne are safe. I do want them to win. ;)

Geez, Jane is having a bad time of it....and they need to start giving Tony partners with less drama in their lives. :P

Okay, I was a kid in the 70s listening to Barry Manilow records. I still have them. I remember his beagle, Bagel. What is happening to his face? It looks like it's imploding. :huh:

• Members

WTF!!!!!!!!!!Sabrina is gone, I thought for sure jane or marie would be out tonight. I think both of them are garnering sympathy votes more on marie's part than jane's though(because I think she is still better than cam and jennie). That was a shocker, I really thought jane was gone tonight, so I FF to the very end and was shocked to see cam and sabrina in the bottom two. Now that I think about it I'm not surprised sabrina got voted off, her audience(the cheetah girl fans) are probably not watching this show for the most part, Monique met the same fate and we all know how popular high school musical is.

• Members

I wonder also, re Sabrina, about two things, well maybe three...1) if her fanbase is a segment that isn't watching DWTS or the majority of people watching DWTS never heard of her before, like myself and 2) if people believed that her background gave her too much of an advantage (i.e. the Mario Lopez syndrome) and they would rather see someone improving along the way (the Emmitt Smith syndrome) and 3) they found her style too aggressive (the Monique Coleman syndrome). Any or all of the above?

In all honesty, shocked as I am, I am also relieved cuz I am favoring Helio and I saw her as the biggest threat. But the way this competition is going, for all we know Jane and Marie could end up in the finals! :huh:

• Members

In the beginning I felt like she shouldn't be there because of #2 but eventually she won me over (I think she has a good personality) and I thought she totally deserved to be in the final. Sabrina was the best dancer there and I think voters automatically assumed that she would make the finals and so she didn't need votes ... and we all know what happens when you assume. People wanted to vote to save the lower scorers. Jane and Marie should have been in the bottom two and neither was. During the show, they said that Cam often joked with her (as did others) about her going home ... I think they probably feel bad about that now. It seems that every week we have different people in the bottom two. Maybe people will vote for the people they feel deserve to win instead of trying to save people because they assume others won't need saving, although I'm not going to hold my breath.

P.S. From the beginning, I wanted Helio and Julianne to win and I really hope they go all the way.

• Members

I'm glad that Helio is still in the running....

I too thought it was going to be a finale show off between Mark and Julianne (they were dance partners for years) or Julianne and Derek...

A part of me can't see Marie in the finale...I can either see Helio, and possibly Jenny, only because, as I said before, it would be an interesting finale of brother vs sister.

Archived