Dancing With The Stars Season 5

• Members

I've seen Rebecca almost every week - I think she has been there each show. Cam Mathison lives with her and her husband, Bob Guiney, when he is out there for the show and training so it's easy for her to score tickets every week! :D Terri Ivens was there last night and I have seen her at least once or twice before. They always show the soap star contingent after Cameron finishes dancing and as he is walking over to the judges.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it just a weird coincidence that these 2 weeks of not revealing a bottom two still left Jennie standing both times with the eliminee? :huh: I think Marie and Jonathan know they are not up to the same level as the other teams, which is why they've been so shocked to be saved these last couple of weeks. Marie's fanbase is coming out in full force. She may end up the Jerry Rice of this season's finals.

Okay, Gloria Estefan's dress did not do her any favors. :mellow:

Here comes the point in the season where they need major time fillers in the results shows so they put on people who've got nothing to do with dancing. Motivational speakers? :rolleyes: Who's next, Dr. Ruth analyzing everybody's sexual chemistry? :lol:

• Members

Not surprising and I'm glad he's gone. No more whining about the judges and his schedule.

I think they put Jenny in the bottom both weeks to kind of prop her up. They want to ensure she gets in over Marie because then you would have a great top 3. I like Marie but she can't keep up and would have very little technically to offer in a freestyle. I also think they leave Helio for later on for the same reasons. To make people nervous enough to vote for him. That was probably their intention with Mel and Maks tonight too. They held them for near the end as well.

• Members

Let's go, Helio! :lol:

Dancing-wise, I think Marie should go. Personality-wise (sorry to her fans) I can't make myself like Jennie at all. It's at the point now where even her voice is getting on my nerves.

It's so weird to see the male:female ratio reversed, lol. So used to 1 girl vs. the guys at this point. :P

• Administrator

I don't watch DWTS, but I caught the end waiting for Boston Legal (which isn't on! :(). Poor Jennie. I wanted her to win. I've had a crush on her since I was 11 years old back in 1993. I remember the first time I saw her. There was a book fair in the library and she was on the cover of some 90210 book. It was love at first sight and she's still so damn beautiful. :wub:

• Members

Tonight's ending had me sweatin' bullets, lol. This season's been so topsy-turvy, and the fact that Sabrina is out and Marie in the finals...anything could happen. My mother said Marie is America's sweetheart. I know I underestimated Marie's fanbase. She could win the whole thing next week (I hope not). Tonight I was thinking did I underestimate Jennie's fanbase. All I knew is I would have been royally p'd if Helio had gone home! :P

• Members

I do think that Jennie was the better dancer than Marie. However, Marie picked it up in the end (meaning last night). I still think that Sabrina should've been in there. It should have been Sabrina, Mel B, and Helio. I'm rooting for Mel B.

• Members

I think Jennie saying she wasn't sure she wanted to be there hurt her. I know it made me wonder why I should keep voting for her. Actually, I was voting for Derek, but that comment turned me off, so I imagine it did other people too.

Now, I'm rooting for Marie because I think she is the most improved.

• Members

The final teams were all on Larry King Live tonight, along with Bruno, Carrie Ann, Samantha and Apolo. Mario Lopez was filling in for LK...and Mario is most definitely not over losing out to Emmitt Smith. He made a point of asking the judges about it being a popularity contest, mentioned Kelly Monaco, Stacy Kiebler, referred to the "3rd season" (meaning his but didn't come right out and mention names). They went on in this vein for about 5 minutes. Carrie Ann mentioned she thinks people bond more with the dancers they see improving over the weeks. Other notes....

-Mario asked Bruno who he thought would/should win. Bruno said he considered Helio and Mel equals and that Marie was not on their level. Jonathan later said he disagreed with the idea that Marie shouldn't win because Marie is the most improved. Marie said all 3 of them bring something different to the dance floor.

-Some places have said Helio broke up with his fiancee' but he just talked about the wedding being postponed and that she was okay with it.

-Julianne mentioned how she would give Jennie suggestions and Derek would give Helio suggestions (in response to the question of whether there was this big sibling rivalry).

I got People's "Sexiest Man Alive" issue. Helio's one of the "sexiest" guys they featured, and there's a page on Karina getting her nose fixed after she got eliminated a few weeks ago because she's fractured it twice in 6 years.

• Members

imo It's so stupid how Marie didn't get voted off. To me, jennie is the most improved on the two. Sure Marie improved as well, but not that much, She still looks really clumsy when she's on the dance floor. Jennie is so much better then her and it's a shame Marie beat her.

I'm not sure of who I want to win this whole thing. I love both Helio/Julianne and Mel/Maks, they're so good and both deserve to win really! Julianne and Maks (along with Edyta and Derek) are the most talented of the pro dancers. imo So if I go with the pro dancers I guess I would like Maks to win since he's never won before. But at the same time Julianne has done such a great job with Helio who never danced before. Hmm, I'm torn.

Archived