Dancing With The Stars Season 5

• Members

Actually, I think they changed the voting procedure after Drew Lachey's win because we were able to determine the winner once Stacy was eliminated. I'm pretty sure the way they do it now is based on a percentage system. So they add up the total number of points awarded by the judges, and the couple's score is divided by the total to determine the percentage of points they won. Then, the percentage of viewer votes is added to the judges percentages and the couple with the highest score wins! Go Helio :)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This season's finale was NOT good. Mel let me down with her freestyle dance-- I was expecting so much from her considering her talent. I agree that they pulled a Stacy Keibler and figured her couple of lifts would 'wow' the crowd and lock in their win.

Marie should've left weeks ago (that third spot should've belonged to another star ( Sabrina, Cam, or Jenny). Personally I thought her freestyle was just more of the same stiff and limp movements she's been doing all season. I don't think her dances are all that entertaining either; perhaps because the media is ODing on Osmonds right now. Donny's on all entertainment shows critiquing the dancers-- except Marie. WTF does he know?!?!? He's not a professional dancer and he hasn't even been on the show. So, STFU, Donny! If Marie wins it's because of the Osmond media juggernaut they've launched since she debuted on DWTS. I think Donny and her are using this show to boost their careers. This show has really helped at least one star from eash season refresh their career. I just see Osmands everywhere for a long time-- which means I'll be tuning out as much as possible. She annoys the hell outta me! All her quips are like nails on a chalk board!

Rant over.

Helio came out strong with both his dances. Len was WAY too harsh on his jive. It wasn't that bad (Marie's dance had as much is not more technical probs, but they didn't bring that up, WTH). But his freestyle was MUCH better than anyone else's. I think Helio should win, because he's been the most consistent.

I still have yet to see a freestyle routine that could top Drew and Cheryl's season 2 show-stopping routine--that's my favorite dance of all time :D

• Members

I think the judges need to be way more consistent. I think at times there are so many technical problems that they don't even want to go there, but I think they need to. No need to bring up every flaw, since that would take 20 mins, but it needs to be addressed every time, imo.

I was rooting for Marie after Jennie got kicked of, until that awful doll dance. I'm sorry, but there is just no excusing that. Generally, I go for someone zero dance experience, but I'm going to have to settle for Helio now. He deserves to win, imo.

• Members

Everyone ready for the finale, I'm gonna LMAO if Marie wins, she already has 600-700 votes already from her family alone. I wonder what len's reaction will be if she won? :lol::lol::lol: Also the scores yesterday from the judges were weird they hated on mel's dance, yet she got all 9's? They did the same to helio and I think he got an 8 and then 2 9's.

• Members

You know, I would have voted for Marie if it had been anywhere near close, but it just wasn't. I bet even some of her other supporters felt that way. I agree the Osmond's have a lot of fans, but I also think most people care about fairness. It's hard to vote for someone who does a truly bad job even when you like them a lot. At least for me.

• Members

Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

WTG, Helio!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I breathed a sigh of relief when Marie was eliminated...the Osmond machine was stopped, lol. At least the two who should have been left were.

But I am thrilled with the outcome. I've liked Helio & Julianne since Week 1. :)

Archived