Dancing With The Stars Season 5

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I must say I agree with everything you said!

Marie was horrible and deserved the scores she got. She shouldn't even have been in the final.

I was torn to the last minute about who I wanted to win. But I was so happy for Helio and Julianne. They deserved it! Feel bad for Mel & Maks though. Maks was soooo close and Mel's been doing really well, and she's improved pretty much every week.

I must rant on Samantha a little too. She's so freakin annoying! She hardly ever let anyone finish with what they have to say, heck she cut Helio off totally back stage. I understand there's a schedule to follow, but if she could talk less then maybe the contenders would be allowed to say more then "Yes, it was so much fu...". And her fake laugh drives me nuts too.

Sorry, just to let it out. lol

• Members

Not to mention that a lot of women do vote for women and some of the pros are becoming celebs in their own right (as the article mentioned). Pretty soon I think Johnathon and Derek will have fanbases too. Maks was on the verge of having a decent sized one himself in my opinion, although I don't like him. Honestly, I think he is a poor loser and can't admit his freestyle choreography wasn't that great, especially compared to Julianne's.

I'm really glad we are getting a new season in the spring. I though Dance Wars might be a replacement.

• Members

Helio and Julianne will be making appearances on the tour. I'm loving following the are they/aren't they a couple rumors. :P

I think I vote for women as well..they just happen to be the professionals. I started watching DWTS mid-season 2 and right away I was awed by Cheryl. Season 3 I was mostly voting for Cheryl. I loved her chemistry and creative choreography with Emmitt. Helio & Julianne remind me of them in terms of his charm, his smile and what the pro got out of him. When I saw their foxtrot the first week, I didn't just see a dance or a routine, I saw 2 people who played off each other so well you would think they'd been dancing together in the movies or something. :P I was hooked. ;)

I think Dance Wars is meant to be what I call "milking the cash cow." Keeping the DWTS momentum going in between seasons, keeping the ratings up and the money flowing in. :lol:

• Members

Maks changed his mind about leaving. He said he made that remark under stress and that he loves the show. Hey...you notice that so far at least one member of every second place team has griped about it except for Jerry Rice? :P

I mean, this show has done a lot professionally speaking for a lot of its participants, not just the winners. Unknowns become known, has-beens become centerstage again, people with some bad reputations or bad press have gotten some polish. Some have landed new opportunities as a direct result of the show. Not too many folks getting short-changed here, let's not hold any telethons. :P

When all was said and done...the final thing Tom said to the teams was "Has America made you their champion?" America chose and it didn't choose Maks this time. Doesn't mean it won't next time.

• Members

^^ Exactly. Maks is on my $hit list right now and I would have to freaking adore his next celeb in order to vote for him. I think he just wanted to hear all his fans beg him not to leave and get a little extra publicity. Some of the talented pros haven't even made it to the finals yet, never mind win. I don't see Chreyl (sp) threatening to quit because they gave her Wayne Newton as a partner!

• Members

^^ Uhm well, Cheryl (it's not that hard to spell ;) ) is a two-time champ so she wouldn't dare to wine just because she happen to get Wayne as a partner this season.

I don't understand why you're bringing Cheryl into this discussion. If you were talking about Edyta who's been in every season yet never won, I would get your point. But Cheryl, h*ll no. Edyta deserves to win, and she deserves to get a kick a$$ partner next season (if she's still with the show by then that is).

• Members

Uhh, slow down would ya. Snark? Haha, you put the "(sp)" right after her name yourself. lol

And it was a joke hence the " ;) ". I kind of figured out you don't think her name is spelled that way. But then again, maybe you were kidding with your last comment yourself, I sure hope so. It's hard to tell on a forum sometimes since you can't see any facial expressions.

Like I said, Cheryl won two times. There's no reason why she should be upset, whiny or what ever. She should be damn grateful she won with Emmitt, as I'm sure she is. And imo I don't think it's fair to compare her with Maks since he never won, 2-0 is a pretty big difference. Edyta vs Maks I'd buy. That was my point. ;)

• Members

But makes was given everything he needed to win, he didn't because he just wasn't all that with his final dances. I guess, I'm just saying he needs to look at himself instead of claiming a woman can never win (especially when one already did). My point in bringing Cheryl up is that she didn't even have a chance to win this time and she isn't crying about it(it doesn't matter to me that she won twice. The deck was stacked against her, not against Maks).

If you aren't given a chance, I can see going to the press and making some comment MAYBE, but when you have no one to blame but yourself, I think it's pretty weak to put it off on the voters. It just seems to me he can't face the fact that he lost fair and square.

Edyta also had a partner who had a chance of winning, which is why I'm not using her as a comparison or Derek for that matter. It's good that they aren't trying to put the blame for their loss on the audience, but like Maks they have no reason to complain because they had the tools to win.

Anyway, that's how I see it. I think it would be much better if none of the pros took their issues to the press. I don't think it gets them the sympathy they hope it will.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Dancing with the Stars Season 2 will be rerun on BBCAmerica, if you get the channel. It will combine each episode to two hours and it will air every sunday at 8, starting January 6th.

I can't wait! I hope they repeat seasons 3-5 as well.

It seems they are skipping Season 1

Archived