Dancing With The Stars Season 5

• Members

The dialidol numbers were wrong on all accounts. Weird. Goes to show you that they mean [!@#$%^&*] outside of Idol because they usually are accurate there.

I was so happy Marie left because I was happy with either Mel or Helio. They both deserved it. Mel was the most consistent and Helio was the second most consistent and it just came down to last night. Maks did what he did last year and I think he knew it. He played it too safe and you can't just rely on dancing during the freestyle. You have to provide energy and drama and Helio had more of that. I wish a woman would win though but this does setup a possible Cheryl vs Julianne battle at some point as they both have two titles. I would love to see that.

Floyd's excuse for not dancing was lame. I can't stand him or Karina. Kym and Mark were a joy and Albert and Anna were so entertaining. Josie...eh, who cares. Jane and Tony were class as usual. Cameron has gotten so annoying I couldn't even enjoy what was his best dance. The whole taking off the shirt bit was funny. I love Drew Lachey. Can we please fire Samantha and bring Drew to DWTS? He's great and showed that early this season.

Jennie proved tonight why she should've been in the final. Marie getting there sucked and she was very subdued tonight. She clearly realized how she fucked up both in dancing and attitude last night, just like her brother did last week. Marie's last dance was nice but showed why she should've went home.

I knew the judges were going to give 30's on the last dances to Mel and Helio but they were actually deserved. Loved the prolonged Helio/Julianne kiss and Mel's pinching Tom's ass or kissing him never gets old.

Celine was nice and I loved the montage that was set to her new song. The show did a good job with the way they handled the usual filler reminiscing by adding in dances from the eliminated dancers in between all the montages. It worked great and saving the final two dances for the end worked well.

Nice seeing Apolo there and it was hard to believe I just noticed Adrian Bellani has been there every week for Helio.

The crowd clearly approved of Helio winning and Mel and Maks were class acts. Love them. Loved the milk bring brought out for Helio too. The celebration was nice but they need to allow more time from now on for the aftermath. They rush the end all the time. Hell, Marie got more time for her goodbye, which is nice but let's do that for everyone.

What I didn't like was all the Sabrina pimping. We get it. She left early. Let's move on. Nice seeing Cheryl and Wayne. Loved Jane and Tony's lift jab at Carrie Ann and I loved how Tom called out Josie on her pimping and she pointed down to Marie and says she does it too. Jennie was hilarious with Tom when being interviewed as well.

All in all tonight was ok. Last year's finale was still the best as it could've easily been Joey or Apolo. This one I knew going on based on the crowd and all. Last night kind of ruined everything, which is sad because this was the best, most dramatic, and most competitively balanced season and it ended in a lackluster way for what it was. Hopefully, spring will be better but congrats to both Mel and Helio. At least the best two were there at the end.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe the fainting was fake (per the TMZ report). Len isn't that good of an actor. I can believe about asking for votes, but I don't have a problem with that. This is partially a popularity contest and no one with the show has claimed otherwise. That's part of the appeal, imo.

• Members

I read the TMZ report earlier and they claimed the whole thing was set up by DWTS and that there was a writer off screen feeding Marie lines during the show. That's why I don't believe the report for a second. Why would the show give someone an advantage. To stir up drama I suppose, but I don't buy it.

If they had said Marie and her partner faked it alone I might have wondered, but then how would the TMZ ever know. <_<

• Members

I don't know if I buy the Marie fainting act rumors.

She has a big mouth and was begging for votes but I don't see her going that far. I would hate to think she would.

Her getting Children's Miracle Network to do that isn't wrong, really. We see so many people push for votes all over so it's within reason if she has a connection with them.

• Members

I don't think the fainting thing was fake she fell smack down and I don't see that being set up. TMZ has reported things incorrectly in the past. Heck they kept saying Kirsten Storms was on DAYS when she got busted a few months ago forgetting the fact she hasn't been on the show in 3 years.

• Members

Yeah.

I would actually buy it if ABC were behind it because it seems like they were pushing to ratchet up the drama this year and were promoting this show as the most "dramatic, best" season yet (Last spring was better due to the finale though). I mean, they exploited Jane's mother dying and Jane's food poisoning and Marie's father dying and her fainting so much that I wouldn't put it past them. It's weird how the two oldest female competitors I think the show has ever had, if not two of the oldest, had the most drama going on off the dance floor.

Maybe they felt the show was getting stale or that it needed drama in addition to the dancing competition.

I don't buy Marie being behind it though.

• Members

Both Mel and Helio deserved to be the last two standing... I think what turned me off on Marie was the constant pimping Donnie was doing on various entertainment shows.....we all know that they are in the works to do another show/event together....

I didn't pay any attention to Sabrina and Mark....I kind of phased them out after they came on for one of the shows..

I am interested though in seeing Bruno vs Carrie Ann in Dance Wars (I think that's what it is called).....

• Members

I agree that Maks probably played it too safe with the freestyle and it didn't show off the electric chemistry they have. I did hear that he had injured his shoulder and they weren't even able to practice the lifts for a few days so I wonder if that also caused them to alter their dance? Also from the comment last night in the "confessional" Mel freestyled the freestyle, so what we saw apparently wasn't even what was planned :lol:

I really wanted Mel and Makes to win because I do think she is slightly better and has been more consistent. I love Helio so I am not upset by any means that he won. I think it was his charisma that won out over true dancing. In all honesty I do think it is harder for a woman to win.

I don't believe Marie's fainting was fake. She also mentioned having bad allergies that affect her breathing and they were bothering her that day and I think that played into it. I think she played the drama up for all it was worth after the fact, but I don't think it was planned.

The next season is usually in the spring but I wonder if it may start earlier due to the strike? Anyone know how long Dance Wars lasts? It certainly wouldn't start until that is over.

• Members

I looked on IMDB but I couldn't tell when Dance Wars end or the new season of DWTS begins. I did see on TVguide.com that Derek Hough has talked about Florence Henderson possibly being his next partner. She's 73, so I think that's going too far myself. It seems unrealistic for a 73 year old to learn the quick step/jive, but that's jmo. They should at least put the best pros with the people who are more likely to go the distance.

• Members

I'm going to be extremely glad when I don't have to see any more Donnie Osmond sister pimping on the entertainment shows.... He got mad when Maks said backstage that Marie didn't belong in the finals for the dance competition; I think it was said after her freestyle performance.... It looked like she was all soured up by the comments Len had made about her routine.....

Helio and Mel deserved to be the final two....

Archived