Dancing With The Stars Season 5

• Members

I have seen Florence Henderson in the audience several times so it wouldn't surprise me to see her do this and I think she would be better than Wayne Newton. However I don't see her with somebody like Derek. He is very talented and seems to be a very innovative choreographer. I think it is because of him that Jenny got as far as she did. I would think they would want him paired with somebody who could go far because he can also add to the entertainment factor and I think they would want to play up a Julianne/Derek rivalry. Although I suspect Julianne may get a weaker partner much like they did to Cheryl. I sense they don't like the same pros winning too often. It will be interesting to see how they pair them up the next time.

Totally agree that Mel and Helio deserved to be the final two. Marie was entertaining but she was nowhere near their league when it came to dancing. Maks can be outsplken and that is part of the reason I love him :lol: I have to agree with him on that.

ETA I just found an article that said Dance Wars is a 6 week show. So maybe DWTS will be back in March?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, really applcin?

I wonder if the kiss did have something to do with it? :lol:

Didn't Julianne call off her engagement shortly after winning with Apolo? Lots of irony with these two situations :lol:

I think Julianne may still get a good partner next season. I mean, Cheryl had Ian after winning twice and Ian wasn't that bad. He just never loosened up until it was too late, like Jennie. I think they may try to push Cheryl and Julianne for a final showdown, which would be cool. They may also try to push Derek too because of his being Julianne's brother.

It's a little too late to consider the pros developing fanbases. Cheryl and Julianne clearly have established big ones and I think that would've happened regardless of winning because they have great personalities and good, appealing choreography. I also think Kym and Edyta have developed little fanbases of their own too. I think Maks is really the only one of the guys who has developed somewhat of a fanbase despite many hating him. I think Derek may be able to develop one now too. Louis, I think, was the only one who had a big one IMO.

It will be interesting next season because if we see Cheryl and Julianne with good partners that means they want that showdown and if Derek has one too, that means they want him in the mix. I think that is likely since he did so great with Jennie. If Cheryl and Julianne end up with bad partners again, then we will know they caved to people complaining and then maybe we may see them try to push Edyta, who never seems to get there, or maybe they will be pulling hard for a female to finally win this. The female problem is that the male pros never seem to pull out all the stops on the freestyle. It's like they back off or something. It's weird. We have seen both Tony and Maks screw up on freestyles because they played it safe.

We'll see but matchups will definitely help us determine what they are trying for. I can see Florence doing this but I wonder if they may try to keep Donny Osmond from doing this based on how ugly the Osmond stuff ended up. However, they may like the controversy that gets stirred up. It means ratings and attention so who knows. I think Florence and Donny are two of the most likely people we may see in the next season. I also think we will be seeing the new season in March, like last year, The show only lasts usually two months and they will wait until Idol burns down to it's traditional audience following the auditions. Then, Idol and DWTS will take on each other like last year since they both seem to hold their own.

• Members

It seems like each season the stars get bigger, so I'm excited to see who they get for season 6. I didn't think the Osmond thing got that ugly. Marie shouldn't have bragged about being one of the top doll designers in the world and Donny should have taken it down a notch with the press, but I'd b fine with him being in it.

• Members

It sounded like it happened a while ago but downplayed. When Helio was on Larry King, he said it was postponed but apparently they haven't spoken in two months. She was only at the first night of DWTS. I'm guessing the secrecy was partly because he wanted to keep his private life private and partly so as not to fan the flames of the idea of a romance with Julianne....as if the previous two kisses and their red hot chemistry wouldn't have done so. :P Seriously, the first night I saw them dance I was like Apolo who? :D LOL, If they aren't together, they should be. :P

I taped GMA and The View this morning cuz I know they were on. I saw part of GMA. Both final teams were on, as were Cameron, Edyta and Derek. They also had a remote from a place in Idaho where they have a Christmas tree twice the size of the Rockefeller Center tree, and Julianne's grandparents live there.

• Members

If he wanted to play down the idea of a romance with Julianne he probably shouldn't have been smooching her every chance he got. I don't buy them together though. I think the rumors are going to fly whomever she is dancing with, unless it's the Wayne Newton type.

• Members

I guess despite Helio telling his fiance the first time around about a staged kiss (when they did a previous routine where he planted a kiss on her lips) she wasn't buying it....There was definite attraction in some ways when Julianne and Helio took to dance floor...How old is Helio again? I know Julianne will be turning twenty as some point soon...

I think they are cute together when they are on the dance floor.

• Members

Helio is 32. I never got a romantic vibe between Julianne and Apolo. The way he talked about her was more like an older brother, like Derek would.

I think it's obvious H & J got very close during the show but I don't think they were carrying on like Mark & Sabrina were, for instance. It'll be interesting to see what happens now. :P What got me the other night was that Julianne indicated on the show that she was the one who prolonged the kiss (she didn't drop like she had before) and Helio mentioned in an article that it surprised him. ;);)

Archived