Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Exactly. Every fanbase has crazy bullies (Federer, Nadal, and Serena all have plenty of unhinged stans), and the Internet has made it easier to harass people.

Yeah, that was a disappointing effort from Felix. The good thing is he’s only 20 and already making the second week of a Slam, so he has lots of room to grow from this. But when you’re supporting an athlete, you really want to see them fight.

WTF happened to Berrettini’s serve?

• Members

This... is not good from Frances. He’s getting demolished by a subpar Medvedev. 

Ash Barty basically calling it a day for 2020. Won’t defend her RG title. Can’t say that I blame her. Paris seems like a disaster waiting to happen, and she can’t train with her coach anyway.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Glad he came to the defense of the lineswoman. Some Nolefam were saying unconscionable things about the woman’s family and the tragic loss of a son she reportedly suffered.

ESPN’s coverage of the actual matches is predictably awful. So much reliance on studio talk and interviews above what’s happening on the court. They obviously don’t feel like the tennis will capture interest. 

• Members

Crazed fans like that have no bottom.  A rule is a rule, and it was a careless thing to do.  I had a girl punch me in the throat when I  was in High School for no reason.  I was friends with her.  It took the air out of me and I had trouble breathing for a couple of hours, and it hurt for a week.  It's not funny and when I saw it happen to the lines woman I could tell she was having the same reaction I did.

• Members

This USO should prompt a complete scrapping of line umpires, and I’m not even talking about what happened with Novak. IMO there have been an unusual amount of garbage calls throughout the tournament (which has always been one of the worst of the Majors) at critical moments, which has made this a frustrating watch. Just let Hawkeye make the calls. It’s the final verdict anyway in case of disputes! Let this be a Serena/Capriati moment.

Edited by Faulkner