Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Interesting first round matches. Not that bad in I thought it would be worse with all the unseeded players.....I have a feeling Berdych will beat Edmund in the first round and for some reason I think he can take out Nadal if both get that far setting up a QF with Kevin Anderson....Anderson has an easy draw.....but would love to see him play Berdych who he could never beat and always lost in the 4th round pre injury.....

Dominic #Thiem's projected path at the #AusOpen 2019:
R1: 🇫🇷 Benoit #Paire
R2: 🇩🇪 Mischa #Zverev
R3: 🇫🇷 Lucas #Pouille
R4: 🇭🇷 Borna #Coric
QF: 🇩🇪 Alexander #Zverev
SF: 🇷🇸 Novak #Djokovic
F: 🇪🇸 Rafael #Nadal

I like Thiem's draw and who better to have in his Quarter but flakey Zverev.....He could make the semis.......

Paire was tanking this week during his match...he will dink and drop shot against Thiem.....It depends which Paire shows up.....but very winnable match for Thiem

Second round I think he will face the WC Aussie...I don't think Mischa will win his first round but if he does Thiem should win it

Third round...Pouille ...if he gets there...hasn't played great in a long time....

4th round against Borna would be tough but winnable ....not sure how Borna is since he hasn't played at all.....

@Costello And your man Kei could face Ivo in the second round.

Opelka and Isner first round...lawd talk about boring booming services 24/7

Milos vs Nick first round...LOLOL

Andy vs RBA....first round.....

• Members

He’d be great at that. I heard he did well covering Wimbledon for the BBC last summer.

Someone on Twitter said that the Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray fanbases are all getting along for the first time, but it took one of them retiring to do it.

Edited by Costello

• Members

From our daily paper.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/andy-murray-confirms-he-will-retire-from-tennis-at-wimbledon/news-story/be78861a27f681042e2532974ceff4bf

Andy Murray confirms he will retire from tennis at Wimbledon

Leo Schlink, Herald Sun
Subscriber only

Andy Murray concedes the Australian Open could be his last tournament after outlining plans to retire.

The former world No 1 fought back tears as he revealed he has decided to quit the sport because of chronic hip soreness.

Struggling with the pain on a daily basis, Murray said that while he could well call time at the conclusion of his Melbourne campaign, he hopes to make it to his home grand slam at Wimbledon and end his career in front of a home crowd.

The Scot, 31, broke down emotionally when asked about his fitness after barely surviving a practice session with Novak Djokovic yesterday.

“Not great,” he said before excusing himself and leaving the interview room.

When he returned, the dual Wimbledon champion and US Open winner said: “So I’m not feeling great.

“Been struggling for a long time, I’ve been in a lot of pain for probably about 20 months.

“I’ve pretty much done everything I could get my hip feeling better.

“I’m in a better place than I was six months ago but I’m still in a lot of pain.

“It’s been tough.”

Murray agreed the Australian Open, where has lost five finals (2009-10, ’13, 15-16), could be the last of his astonishing career.

The baseliner said he could still “play to a level, but not a level I’m happy about.”

Murray told his team during the off-season of his plans to bow out at Wimbledon.

He said he could undergo further surgery this year but that would be to help him post-career.

Murray is due to face Roberto Bautista-Agut in the first round at Melbourne Park.