Toups

The Tennis Thread

Raonic beat Stan, and Herbert took out Chung, whose ranking will plummet.

Thiem apparently is suffering some kind of illness and retired against the young Aussie Alexei Popyrin. 

Serena waved off Genie rather easily and will play the winner of Halep/Venus(!) next after both won in three.

This is a STAT:

I'm not sure if I'm disappointed in Genie's game or simply happy Queen waxed her.  Genie came up with nothing even when Serena's serve was not there.  I'm literally scratching my head here.  Genie has great respect for Serena but she's been playing far too long to be starstruck.  

The Konta/Muguruza match started after midnight (latest start for the AO ever), and it’s STILL going on (after 3 am Melbourne time.)

They were scheduled to play the last night session on MCA, but Zverev/Chardy went five sets, so they announced they were moving to Court 3.

Unfortunately that court was covered in seagull poop, and the Open didn’t have enough staff at that point to clean up.

So on to Margaret Court Arena they went.

They could have moved them to any other court when they saw the Zverev match might run long.

Meanwhile, Serena suffering no fools as usual:

Muguruza just won, so here’s the R32:

Edited by Faulkner

Well I am 2 for 2 today so far with Tsitsipas and Berdych winning. Jim Courier must really hate Berdych because he is the only one on the panel at Tennis Channel that picked Diego to win.

As for Roger versus that privileged rich white boy who fucked a gal then married her and finally a child popped out....I am laughing here as Roger is playing his D game and still winning. Fritz needs to stop embarrassing himself tonight with Roger having the fast court catered to him......he has no chance. Fritz is a junior player compared to Roger's pro status.

Wow, Anisimova beat the brakes off Sabalenka. I know Amanda is very good, but what happened there? I can’t watch many matches this year.