The Tennis Thread

• Members

I admit to not wanting to hear anything more from Sandgren at this point.  I really wouldn't mind if he'd be pushed back to the margins of the Challenger Tour, or better yet the Futures, where I really don't have to see him.

As for the U.S. Davis Cup, I don't intend to watch them at all.  I'm not sure why Courier et al. are clinging to that group, it's not like they've won anything.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Tennis Channel discussed the racist pig today. Interesting that they said he was going in hiding for a bit when arriving in the states....LOL. They showed and discussed Serena's tweet to him. How he said how anytime Serena lost was a good day. Just WOW at that statement. How he once stumbled into a gay bar and said no one needs to see that. And many many other things. Martina was rather hot under the collar. And made some bold statements towards him. Also, they said tennis players aren't happy about his comments. Jim Courier discussed how he already had used him as a practice partner for the Davis Cup Team

Please register in order to view this content

and what a nice person he was....whatever Jim.

On brighter news.....the Hall of Fame was announced and going in will be Helena Sakova(I know I misspelled that but too lazy to go google it...LOL) and Michael Stich. Martina teared up at Jana Novotna when her passing was discussed. BTW Helena was there in person discussing her Hall of Fame induction.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

These types of homophobic straight guys always crack me up.  Like he was in such danger in a gay bar.  Yeah, you stumbled into a gay bar where....no one noticed you because you were undoubtedly the ugliest guy and worst dressed in there.  They think because they're straight every gay guy wants them.  So silly and ignorant.  Look in the mirror hun, you're not hot.  You're safe as can be. 

• Members

Former Tennis Pro Petr Korda's son is competing in the semis in the junior Australian Open Championship.  He is a right handed player while his dad was left handed player.

He is playing under the United States Flag. I guess Petr moved here with his wife(former tennis player too).

• Members

Yet, people are still trying to argue that women don't deserve equal prize money.  What a tired argument that I wish would evaporate.

James Blake was great in his response to an equal prize money curmudgeon.  His response was basically "You pay the same money for a 90 minute movie as for a 3 hour one".  Also, I'd add that not all three hour movies are good, while many 90 minute movies can be lean, tight and well told stories.

Yeah, I got up and after seeing that the match had already ended, wondered what happened then read that Chung had retired, which is certainly a disappointment but ranked at #58, he had a great tournament and I am sooo grateful that he put Sandgren out of the tournament.  For me, it was almost as satisfying as watching Venus bounce CoCo out of the tournament in the semis last year. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer