Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I stayed up to see the Fed match. Wow, what a disappointment. The final between him and Cilic.....zzzzzzzzzzzz. I've never ever been a Cilic fan.

Please register in order to view this content

I want more details about Norman leaving Stan. There has to be more after this development.

• Members

I was hoping Norman would've worked with one of the younger male players on tour. It will be interesting in Norman and Stan running into each other in tournaments.

Please register in order to view this content

Jim Courier's final choice is Ryan Harrison.  Same sh!t just a different year. If I were Jim ...I'd choose the very green players coming up that don't have experience. They are not going to win the Davis Cup with the team they have anyways.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

20 years ago Petr Korda won the Australian Open and now his son Sebastian Korda wins the Junior Title of the Australian Open.  Sebastian has a much better game than his dad and his game reminds me of Novak's. He does the scissor kick that was famously done by his dad after every win.

• Members

Ugh. Good for Caroline. She seems lovely, and she’d toiled as a punchline, an otherwise highly decorated, long-running No. 1 player who’d never won a GS. And she had been down 5-1, 40-15 in the third set of the 2nd round and mounted a comeback win. Shades of Kerber against Misaki Doi at the 2016 AO, but far more impressive because of the steepness of the climb out of the hole.

But I was rooting for Halep honestly, mostly due to those gritty wins over Davis and Kerber. She would have given up in those matches a year ago, and it showed growth that she found a way to stick around and prevail. Those matches probably took a lot out of her, though, so she needs to find ways to be more aggressive, pounce on weak serves, and conserve energy. I think she’ll get there eventually. Kim Clijsters had, what, four GS finals before she finally won? 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I stayed up to watch the match. It is too bad there had to be a loser.

Yup, I wonder if she is jinxed? As sorry as I felt for her I had to LOL when she did the Peanuts gif in putting the towel over her entire head/face when she lost. Caroline had a longer losing streak in not winning a major over Halep. I would say Halep could recover and win won soon but with Serena returning I doubt it.

Yeah, I was pulling for Halep too. I love her game better than Caroline's. To be honest Caroline's game is a  hot mess and just way too slow for my tastes. That said I was happy for her and I am sure so was Serena.

• Members

Didn’t watch, but by the scoreline, it looks like Marin at least put up an admirable fight, which is an improvement over Wimbledon where he was in distress. I think Fed’s body will break down sooner rather than later, but as long as the other top players are injured, he’s going to be the favorite for everything not on clay. Nadal has completely lost his edge over Roger; he simply folds every time they play these days.

Roger is clearly phenomenal, but he has benefited greatly from weaker eras, and, yes, having an economical style of play. I suppose we were spoiled by the years of the Big Four, but this is just... boring.

Edited by Faulkner