Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I missed this article from last year, and its conclusions aren’t exactly surprising, but the median age of all viewers of men’s tennis is now above 60, only surpassed by PGA golf among the major sports. WTA tennis skews slightly younger at 55 median age. (NHL viewers are aging the quickliest while the NBA has maintained its youthful demo over the past 18 years.)

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/06/05/Research-and-Ratings/Viewership-trends.aspx?

• Members

Ugh at him winning again. Not that I wanted Cilic to win either. His game was all over the place early this morning. The first and last set Cilic played mirrored themselves. As some have said Roger has been helped a lot by Murray and Novak being out. He could no longer beat one yet both. Also, the courts have been speed up to help his game out. All of his matches were played on Rod Laver and most at night. His crying during the ceremony

Please register in order to view this content

. As for reaching Serena...I doubt it this year. I only see him winning Wimbledon. He doesn't even try in Paris and the US Open courts are too slow for his game. So I can see Roger crying after 21 at Wimbledon but that's it for the year.

• Members

ESPN mentioned how much faster Australia had gotten. The noted the match of Cilic/Roger that would have lasted 5 hours instead of the 3 it did last.

Me either. And I think the tennis media feels the same way because why would they harp on how she accomplished everything now. I kept thinking is she going to try to retire again?...LOL  The media knows she won't be able to win another one.

• Members

No, I definitely thought her winning this year was likely, I even told a friend so after the first two days when a bunch of seeds tumbled out of the tournament.

I meant that if RLA had been as fast as it was last year, I wouldn't have seen her winning. 

This year, the first day, I immediately noticed the surface was playing faster on MCA than RLA and I saw Wozniacki having a better chance than anyone left in the women's draw, given the fact that RLA, especially in the early days was playing similar to Singapore, where the WTA Finals were held last season.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

When will Harrison be sanctioned for his behavior?  This is not the first time, nor will it be the last unless the sport's authorities step in.

Also, I remember his altercation with Thanasi Kokkinakis a few years ago. Apparently, Kokkinakis believes that Harrison said something like "All you Greeks are the same..." referring to him and Nick Kyrgios.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

If you are not a white American, Harrison is automatically against you.  He's a bigot and his on court behavior needs to be dealt with severely!  Folks are saying that Donald Young is a sore loser so he's lying.  Donald has been losing for years and there's no end in sight...he has no reason to make this up!  

• Members

I read this on FB. I was watching the match when it happened but of course Tennis Channel downplayed it. Of course there is sound bites. Considering how much the tennis media praises Ryan Harrison as a good man off the court....I am sure they will sugar coat this. And as for the other loser ....he went to Argentina to qualify for the clay court tourney only to lose in first round in qualifying. I am sure we won't be seeing much of Tennys anymore.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Harrison knows damn well that the audio on changeovers is inaudible, nobody could hear sh*t online/T.V. The crowd was almost non-existent.  Yet Harrison swears the video will clear his name.  Oh brother.

I don't have much faith in the process but...

• Members

They moved the tourney from Tennessee to NY and to me there were more fans when it was held in Tennessee. I still remember Ryan Harrison also being upset with the Atlanta crowd for not supporting him during his match against Kyle Edmund last year. He pretty much said what awful fans they were for not supporting him.....I had LOL at that one.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Watched the Dimitrov match.....in the second set he proceeds to go to the corner and cover his anatomy with a towel. Who knows what he is doing...LOL.  The announcer says he sure is having issues with his anatomy....LMAO.....it happened several times.....hmmmm....so was Grigor having hard ons during his match?