The Tennis Thread

• Members

Aww, I thought he was so precious and I think if he can stay healthy and build his game, you could see great results from him in the future. He has a lot of potential and he has a younger brother! You never know, Sweden could be looking at the male version of the Williams Sisters!

Venus will be ranked just outside of the Top 10 at number 11! I think that's awesome. She didn't play so well against Madison Keys (who also has a lot of upside to her talent/ability) but I'm hoping that Venus' health can remain stable and she will remain strong enough to train and continue to perform well.

Congratulations, Serena! Firmly into the history books now and no one can take that away.

Does anyone have video or a photo of Serena hugging the drag queen with the U.S. flag facepaint? I need to see this!!laugh.png I saw her/him earlier vogueing and singing Staying Alive and just knew he/she would eventually get Serena's attention. I hope someone got video!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guessed that's what he meant, and then it would be completely accurate. But I personally always include the pre-open era results, and if you do that then Serena is tied for third with Helen Wills-Moody behind Margaret Court and Steffi Graf.

But all this is purely academic. You really can't compare players from different eras, since the game has evolved so much over the years.

• Members

I know I shouldn't be laughing at Murray's rants but it was entertaining as hell!laugh.png And I generally don't get a whole lotta entertainment from Murray's matches EXCEPT when he plays Nolé.

People were noting, though that it's kind of rich that Murray is mad at Novak when Murray himself has employed a lighter version of some of those tactics that he accuses Novak of doing. They both do it but to varying degrees. I admit to not seeing all of the match because I wasn't going to get up at 3:30 in the morning. I suppose I can watch the replay on ESPN3 as the first two sets must have been much more entertaining than the final three that I watched.

• Members

Murray is ridiculous. He gave an interview and cites Djoker's cramps as a distraction for him. He implied Djoker was faking so he was unable to focus. What an idiot. I don't like watching his matches, and that has not changed. I wish Nadal was 100% because that would have been the better match.

ETA:

Murray “distracted,” “frustrated” by Djokovic in #AusOpen final. @Kamakshi_Tandon reports: http://ow.ly/Imrbf

B83PT9yCQAEOkGX.png

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

WTA Tour rankings – top 20 as of Monday 2 February

1. Serena Williams
2. Maria Sharapova
3. Simona Halep
4. Petra Kvitova
5. Caroline Wozniacki (+3)
6. Ana Ivanovic (-1)
7. Eugenie Bouchard
8. Agnieszka Radwanska (-2)
9. Ekaterina Makarova (+1)
10. Angelique Kerber (-1)
11. Venus Williams (+7)
12. Andrea Petkovic (+1)
13. Sara Errani (+1)
14. Flavia Pennetta (-2)
15. Lucie Safarova (+1)
16. Jelena Jankovic (-1)
17. Carla Suarez Navarro
18. Dominika Cibulkova (-8)
19. Alize Cornet
20. Madison Keys (+15)
Venus is close to cracking the top 10 again!