Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm surprised that Sugarmama with all her vaunted fashion sense didn't tell her box to refrain from dressing like the 3 Stooges. Just a bizarre look! Pennetta was and has always been a tough player, one you don't want to play, especially if you're not playing tip top tennis.

I was watching an online stream and clicking back and forth between the Dimitrov/Robredo match and Shazza/Pennetta and I could swear I saw a moment when Grigor must have looked at the big scoreboard and saw how far Maria was down in the final set seconds after what sounded like an announcement from an adjacent court and I saw a grimace appear on Grigor's face--I'm guessing the announcement was the score from the Pennetta/Sharapova match.

• Members

Flavia was CLEARLY in distress about something (rumor has it, IW is the end of the line for her. She's retiring"). Sugarpimp took advantage of it and between points she was doing her usual "Come On" but directing them at Flavia. Flavia asked to leave the court and broke down crying in the tunnel but came back more motivated than ever. Kicked Sugarpimp's ass! It's up to Sugarpimp to win a match the best way she legally can, but a little sportsmanship goes a long way.

• Members

I guess this will leave Odesnik with more than enough time for mustache twirling because it seems as if he was as disliked as any villain onscreen and in real life. From tennis players to former ball kids, the general consensus seems to be that Odesnik had no respect for himself nor others and a complete ass-hole.

• Members

I'm just convinced that IW is just bad for Serena's health. She looked so stressed the entire time, even when she'd won the first set of a match, her face looked twisted in agony at times. Now I see on twitter that she has withdrawn with a knee injuryohmy.pngunsure.png and someone is asking why no announcement has been made and if no lessons were learned from 2001. Supposedly, Serena will come out and speak to the crowd. Uh-oh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone seen this doozy of an exchange between Andy Murray and Patrick McEnroe? I heard it's since been deleted but if Marat Safin had a chance to read Murray's response to Patrick, surely he would give Andy a slow clap on that comeback

https://twitter.com/jwilsontennis/status/585343278423244800