The Tennis Thread

• Members

I can't stand Joker and he continues to antagonize the fans he really wants with his yelling and screaming at them. He will never be a fan favorite like Rafa and Federer. He needs to accept that!

Another boring Wimbledon with Joker winning. At least there will be some drama with Serena going for the grand slam because the American males sure aren't bringing it.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Tomic is a very messed up person. He really isn't that good at tennis yet gets praised by the media and his Aussie mate Darren Cahill. He hasn't done anything to warrant his praising as a tennis player. Now that other Aussie players are nipping at his heals in popularity and ranking wise he has gone really upset and lashed out at the Aussie supporters for not supporting him anymore which I find very funny and absurd.

Tomic will always be your average club player and nothing more. He has too many distractions away from tennis like this one to ever become a great player. Besides he doesn't have the groundstrokes of a champion.

• Members

I think Tomic has some talent but talent isn't everything, it's all in how you manifest and grow that talent and Tomic's talent has barely gotten out of a talented Juniors status. For at least the last year or so, I've believed that both Kyrios and Kokkinakis will be better than Tomic.

If Kyrios would get focused and stop with the antics, he would already have been ranked above Tomic by now.

From the first time I saw Kokkinakis when he was still a junior playing as a replacement during the Hopman Cup, I liked his attitude. If he can learn how to play more efficiently, not get caught up in so many 5 set matches, especially in the early rounds, I think he has the ability to eventually pass both Kyrios and Tomic. I think Kokk's less efficient style of play is mainly due to his lack of experience but at what, 6 foot 3 and a nice big serve, he really shouldn't have to grind so much, particularly on faster surfaces. His ability to grind, though, is great for clay and he's had some pretty good results on that surface.

That being said, if Tomic continues along his path to nowhere, his younger mates will pass him on the way up the rankings- sooner rather than later.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I like Kokkinakis the most of the three. Tomic and Kyrios are way too immature and tank matches left and right when they don't feel like sticking out the match. Tomic against Berdych this year and Kyrios against Gasquet at Wimbledon this year. Kyrios has some good shots but that backhand of his is awful. Kokkinakis is the steadier and better player of the three IMO.

• Members

Man, we were just discussing the Aussies yesterday and now it looks like they are in trouble against Kazakhstan! Kukushkin is actually ranked higher than Thanasi but what the heck happened with Kyrios?! Looks like they are gonna have to rely on nearly retired Hewitt to try and bail them out in the doubles. Meanwhile Tomic is fresh out of the slammer, I guess.

The Aussies looked so good in the previous round, now they look a total mess!

• Members

This definitely brings some publicity to Uniqlo, I guess:

http://jezebel.com/chinese-police-arrest-five-people-over-uniqlo-sex-tape-1718884841?utm_campaign=socialfow_jezebel_twitter&utm_source=jezebel_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Does this mean that Kei and Novak will both be wearing Hugh Hefner style smoking jackets with their USO kits?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Not only that but Dimitrov allegedly has filed a defamation lawsuit against the Bulgarian model who is allegedly been going around saying that they slept together.  I don't think this lawsuit will get Sugarpova back.

Speaking of sexual innuendo, I'm watching this contentious Kyrgios vs. Wawrinka match and Nick, pissed and in a hail of obscenity blurted out "Sorry to tell you mate, but Kokkinakis banged your girlfriend".  I'm thinking Nick was talking about Stan's rumored fairly recent, barely legal girlfriend Donna Vekic.  At first, I wasn't sure what I'd heard but within minutes there was a Vine (with audio) all over Twitter and it sounds like what I thought.  OMG!:o

• Members

I was watching the match but feel asleep during it…LOL…woke up to it in the 3rd set with Kyrgios telling the umpire how Stan could do what he wanted and never got warned for taking too much time….then the announcers mentioned the incident but I wasn't sure what had happened….LOL

Did you see Gimblestob cheering on John during his match? That tape was hilarious and even Lyndsey Davenport didn't know what to say after watching it…LOL….proves what a Bozo Justin is….I knew he was nuts…LOL

• Members

@ Soapsuds, I went to bed soon after I posted this but I'm eating breakfast, checked social media and Nick is STILL Trending!!

I saw parts of the Pospisil/Isner match but Tsonga/Andujar was going on at the same time, so I was going back and forth between the two matches but mostly watching Tsonga.  I'm glad I missed Gimme's antics (LOL).  I knew  Justin was too much about himself when I was reading a book about the Women's tennis tour called Venus Envy and he mentions that he thought Venus was into him and sounded hurt when he came to the realization that she really just wanted to play tennis with him (they were doubles partners at the time).  And recently someone posted a "throwback photo" of Justin with his arms tightly around the waist of Venus Wiliams, I found it a bit creepy since, I mean, she was still a teenager!

Here's video of the Kyrgios incident and the very brief on court interview:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/tennis/rogers-cup/kyrgios-goes-viral-during-match-with-wawrinka/

• Members

Sugarpimp needs to get a man who has more money than she does.  This way, she might have someone coming from an honest place.  

Are you guys loving Bougie's continued crash and burn?  America's non American princess can't buy a match.  

Andy and Kim are expecting.  Congrats!  

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

It's kind of weird that Lleyton is now the elder statesmen with his history (some unsavory rumors about what facilitated his breakup with Clijsters, not to mention that racially incendiary incident that he instigated with James Blake at the U.S. Open) but I guess time has matured him, so maybe there is hope for Kyrgios.  What I do not like in equal measure to Nick's antics are the people on social media who use this as a pretext to hurl racist remarks against Kyrgios (e.g. someone posted that '...you can take the boy out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the boy...").  Kyrgios' behavior has nothing to do with his color or his ethnicity. 

I feel bad for Kokk being dragged into this whole thing and part of me wishes that Vekic would tell everyone that she has no ring on her finger so who she sleeps with is nobody else's concern but hers but I wish Stan would stop playing victim on social media because his life has been a mess for months and he plays the victim every single time. 

I wonder what Stan's estranged soon to be ex wife things of all this.  Could it be...?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CMQpDoSWcAA0sGI.mp4