Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Larry Ellison must be doing cartwheels. I'm sure it makes it a bit more digestible for Serena to return since the tournament has been under new ownership for the last few years. I must admit to losing interest in this tournament without the WS and it was easy to do since Miami was right around the corner but the interest factor has definitely ratcheted up for me now.

Pat Cash can be known for being something of a firestarter. Having said that, inquiring minds (me) still want to know what he said. Do post, when you find it, Chit!

• Members

Ellison talked with Serena on the phone twice. There had been pressure for years to get the WS back to IW. What good is your tourney if tennis royalty won't show up?

Ticket prices will surely go thru the roof!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/05/sports/tennis/serena-williams-will-play-indian-wells-ending-boycott.html?referrer=

• Members

Very well written piece on Serena's return to IW:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/108434288/serena-williams-announces-indiana-wells-return

EDIT: Here's another one:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/197297/serena-williams-indian-wells-and-rewriting-future

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone been reading about all the various male players snapping at one another in (social) media?

Gilles Simon made some comment about Feliciano Lopez and Lopez apparently made a retort which made people wonder if he was killing Simon with kindness or just showering him with sarcasm.

Most recently Juan Monaco mentioned that he basically tries to ignore Juan Martin del Potro and their relationship is non-existent.

And there was that weird incident in Rio between Delbonis and Fognini when Delbonis sarcastically blew Fognini a kiss-- I think after one of Fognini's challenges was wrong and Delbonis got the point.

Remember when the media use to make hay with the Women's Tour in the early '00s over these types of comments?

If it's the men who are doing it, can we still refer to them as being catty?