August 13-17, 2007

Toups

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. Have Corday, Sheffer and Co. learned ANYTHING??? The Big 4 MUST be front and center. There is no getting around that. Jesus, does the show have to go below PASSIONS before they get the message? Right now, DAYS is hanging itself with its own rope.

• Members

I'm sorry, catherine, but there isn't one sole reason why GH is sinking. There's a combination of reasons why the show sucks and it basically starts with the writing.

When you are ending one or two couples, you don't destroy them completely in order to justify your new pairing. That is complete and utter BS and it alienates fans. One thing soap fans hate is to feel like their couple never mattered and that is what is going on right now. The writers are making it seem like Liz/Lucky and Jason/Sam never mattered, and that the only thing that does matter is the justification of Liason. In the process, they're destroying all of the characters involved. This baby story has gone on entirely way too damn long.

Robin and Patrick are written in complete circles. There's rarely any development between them and now the writers are teasing a Patrick/Leyla pairing, writing Patrick as if he doesn't care for Robin. That's again alienating the fans who invested their time getting behind and supporting Robin/

Patrick.

The lack of veteran involvement in stories also hurts things. I dunno wtf GH needs to do, but Tony Geary should NOT be leaving GH for these extended periods of time. It hurts the quality of the show because you cannot write a long-term story with him involved due to his vacations. The same thing goes for Ingo Rademacher. How can you invest in a long-term story when he leaves in the winter & summer? And then you have Jane Elliot, Kin Shriner, Leslie Charleson, John Ingle, who are brought out only to exist in Lulu's world.

WTF has Jackie Zeman been? Why isn't she involved in a story (as in a real story) with Rick Springfield? Why isn't she involved with Kin Shriner? Oh yeah that's right, b/c if you're over 40 and not in the circle of trust, obviously you can't get your swerve on in a big story.

The entire show is in shambles and needs to be revamped. They've got a "big" mob story coming up (yet again) and we all know how that is going to end....Sonny & Jason will be forced to protect the people they love. Someone will probably die. They'll be in a tough spot, things will look really bad for them and then they'll hulk up and beat the "bad guys" and then it'll be wash, rinse, repeat all over again.

What is it going to take to get Guza replaced? It should mean something that this show was once in the running for the top soap, getting 3.9's and 4.0's on a weekly basis.....to now staying at a 2.6 for MONTHS before finally falling and tying their lowest rating with a 2.4. WTF is up with the people at ABC?

Getting rid of one person isn't gonna help that show. Frons needs to make changes from top to bottom. Starting with the writing team. Get rid of Guza, Korte, Wald, Thomson. Get rid of JFP. Build your new writing team with a writer who knows the history of the show and pair them with Karen Harris and Michele Val Jean.

• Members

Well after looking at the last few weeks of ratings, the Nuke storyline might have helped ATWT on Friday, because the other weeks they only had a 1.9 and a 2.0, so there might be some increase because of it, but like others have said this week we are in right now will be the real test on whether there are more viewers.

• Members

Haha how funny that in last weeks thread I mentioned how sad it was to see GL below a 2.0 and it rises to a 2.0...not all that funny considering that it was the week of the wedding for the worst pairing in Guiding Light history. <_<

These ratings suck.

• Members

I can't stand GH right now! I'm so sick of Liason/Skate and CarlJax and Carly twin, Lulu Adventures being the main meat of GH! There is so much more to GH then what these lazy writers are giving us. They deserve to fail and I hope they continue to plunge off the deep end!

New Characters have eaten into the main roster of GH! I would love to see them all perish in Guza next sweeps starting with Kate. I can't stand the better then thou TWIT!

I would love to see a 2.2 next week

• Members

I hope ATWT does go up for this week, but as many viewers that support the Luke/Noah, there are many others who don't, so I think the viewers that tune out because of it will ultimately cancel out the viewers who do start watching.

• Members

I hope Brian Frons gets fired! He sucks!

If GH keeps falling then he can get fired. The reason is because GH is the top ABC show. If that goes what will happen to AMC and OLTL. I hate these ratings. I hope Brian can wake up! Time to try to get these ratings back UP!!!

Archived