August 13-17, 2007

Toups

• Members

OLTL should have been promoting the death of Asa all month. If you don't follow spoilers, you wouldn't know wtf was going to happen. They spent more time promoting John's fake death than they did with Asa. ABC deserves what it gets.

OLTL had the perfect opportunity to make this an all week story and they didn't. You relegate the story to two days? TWO DAYS? On top of that, you end having 2 days happen in one episode....within the first 15 minutes. While the episodes were good, they weren't enough.

AMC, though improving overall, can't expect Thorsten & Alicia to carry the damn show. I love Zendall and all, but right now they are MAJOR FF material for me. I'm sick of them. I'm sick of Ryan, Greenlee, Annie, Zach, Kendall and anyone else associated with this god damn "CRASH" storyline. It's too much on overload. Time to focus on other stuff (which isn't happening the way it should....especially for the next two weeks).

ABC daytime is in a freefall. Frons needs to go, regime changes need to happen at GH and consultants need to be on OLTL and AMC to steer them in the direction they need to be in.

I hear Claire Labine needs a job........

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show may have improved, but after a long drought, it may be too little too late. For those enjoying seeing the older characters, it shouldn't escape notice that RC's first two acts are quite possibly mandating

as well as Asa's offscreen death. Granted, production rather demanded Asa's exit, but RC made it very final. The returns were never more than window dressing for the event (it wasn't a story), only being two day cameos.

• Members

So then, compared to last week, here is what we have:

Final Standings

1 Y&R 4.1 (+.1)

2 B&B 2.7 (+.1)

3 GH 2.4 (-.1) (ties lowest rating)

4 OLTL 2.3 (same) (ties lowest rating)

5 AMC 2.2 (-.1) (ties lowest rating)

6 ATWT 2.1 (same)

7 DOOL 2.0 (-.2)

7 GL 2.0 (+.1)

9 PS 1.3 (-.2)

That's rather depressing if you ask me...

• Members

ABC is reaping what it sowed. The only one I barely follow now is OLTL but nothing has really changed. I enjoyed the stunt eposides immensely but even they pale in comparison to what they should have been. What I find sadder was the note of finality that Friday's episode ended with. They didn't offer any reason to stick around and tune into Monday. They didn't even tease a possible sighting that the boys would still be around. For anyone who did see the promos if you tuned in on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and didn't see any hint of the promod story then you start to give up or you clue into the fact that it is more of nothing.

They may have succeeded in convincing those looking for a reason to watch that there is none.

• Members

Frankly I wouldn't be watching AMC at this point if I wasn't an addicted bitch. I don't know that I'm sick and tired of the characters because character balance is a problem AMC has had for many years and continues to have, but this current storyline is so constantly and extremely and seemingly hopelessly (read:endlessly) depressing - and it's basically the only storyline on the show. Two weeks of this level of misery was fine, but I think we're in week 5 or 6 of it now. Yikes, there's no balance to the emotional tone of the show - it's extreme. The storylines that have potential to blossom into full-blown storylines aren't exactly tickling my fancy either.

Touche.

Thanks, Lsk :)

• Members

DAYS deserves the drop. Too much Touch the Sky, and the Lucas scenes on Friday were embarrassingly awful. It still amazes me that DAYS introduced a recast in May and two brand new characters in late June and then handed the summer over to them, plus Nick and Chelsea.

• Members

Hmmmmmm so the first two days of the week on DOOL have Steve and Kayla and Bo and Hope featured prominently while the end of the week is all about Lucas and Sami (and EJ to a lesser extent) and the Touch the Sky sluts and Days loses .2 and .3 viewers? I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :rolleyes:

• Members

I hate to say it, but I'm not shocked by DAYS's ratings at all. This is what you get when you shove irritating newbies down our throats, as well as boring pointless stories, and little to no vets. Which brings me to another point. I thought one of the reasons for backburnering the vets back in January-April was so they could be used all summer long on the frontburner. So much for that. :rolleyes:<_<

• Members

HA HA take that all you LML haters. ;) Y&R went up and they deserve it. Its been so good. I am glad B&B went up. Ouch to Days and GH and Congrats to GL for that 2.0 I really don't know what to say about Days. Clearly Hogan needs to go. I am anticipating Ed Scott's arrival. That's when I am tuning back in. ABC had a bad week. B&E's crash isn't getting viewers.What happend though ABC?

Archived