August 13-17, 2007

Toups

• Members

I'm glad Asa's funeral didn't make the ratings go up. I certainly don't want Frons getting anymore stupid ideas that killing off a beloved vet is something we'd want to see.

If you're going to post something, at least get your facts right :rolleyes: Zendall hasn't even been together 3 years.

Oh yes let's blame Zendall, it couldn't possibly be Ryan, Annie, Greenpuke or way too much Ava. It couldn't possibly be that the show is depressing overall, and the characters are saying the same things day in and day, no let's blame Zendall, cause they're to blame for everything. What the [!@#$%^&*] ever, I'm so sick of that [!@#$%^&*] song and dance I could slap someone.

Oh yes I want to sooooooooo see another Erica Kane. I LOVE that Kendall has grown up, and isn't a cartoon. Erica regresses too much, so that is NOT a compliment to want Kendall like her.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know I like Erica, but I see people constantly screaming for her to grow up. I like characters that mature and evolve. It's bad enough Greenlee has regressed AGAIN

There has yet to be payoff for this storyline. Everything is in limbo. Zendall ain't the focus, it's Spike. Zach & Kendall haven't even been on as much. Quantity wise their airtime lags behind every one else's. Before anyone says otherwise, clips prove it, so save it.

But I thought Carlavatti would be OLTL's savior? LMFAO, I guess not :lol: :lol:

• Members

Carlivati's work doesnt start until tomorrow. And I'd look at AMC's numbers if you really want something to laugh at. :) B&E have been Head writers for a good month and the show is crappy. People talk about Ron writing the 9999 and 10000. That was only in the breakdown capactiy, because he is a breakdown writer, but the story was Dena's.

• Members

And do what? People keep saying that, but what does it really mean? What stay married? Yeah, marriage is toxic to her, the last two year proved that. What, not cheat when she feels like her life is falling apart? If she had a man who stood by her, trusted and loved her, she wouldn't have to. What if she thought first and acted later? Yeah, that doesn't work for her either. This whole "mature" stuff, isn't Erica, and it's not going to be. I think people who want this for her, want the character gone. I love her just the way she is, always have and always will. If she were to suddenly turn into Myrtle or Carol Brady or whoever all of you invision her to be, she'd cease to be Erica Kane...and I don't think anyone would llke her.

• Members

ITA, Days continues to disappoint and as long as Sheffer is writing it will continue to suck. The failures he's had so far include Shelle on the run, Steve the Psycho, Touch the Sky, Santeen, the return of the DiMeras...how much longer can Days afford to let him continue?

• Members

Completely agree. It's sad because the show has so much potential. Although it has plenty of bad actors, it's also got some powerhouses, and potential to push some great stories.

Sadly, it doesn't look like that's going to happen though.

Ps. I am THRILLED about the new X-Files movie. Ever since David said they were beginning to work on the new script back in like March/Feb., I've been waiting with bated breath.

• Members

I hate to recopy this but I must to prove a point:

AMC

Monday 2.2

Tuesday 2.3

Wednesday 2.2

Thursday 2.3

Friday 2.1

GH

Monday 2.5

Tuesday 2.5

Wednesday 2.5

Thursday 2.4

Friday 2.3

OLTL

Monday 2.3

Tuesday 2.4

Wednesday 2.3

Thursday 2.3

Friday 2.3

CBS

ATWT

Monday 2.1

Tuesday 2.2

Wednesday 2.1

Thursday 2.1

Friday 2.1

B&B

Monday 2.7

Tuesday 2.7

Wednesday 2.8

Thursday 2.6

Friday 2.7

GL

Monday 2.1

Tuesday 2.0

Wednesday 2.0

Thursday 2.0

Friday 1.9

Y&R

Monday 4.1

Tuesday 4.1

Wednesday 4.1

Thursday 4.1

Friday 4.0

NBC

DOOL

Monday 2.2

Tuesday 2.2

Wendesday 2.0

Thursday 2.0

Friday 1.9

Passions

Monday 1.5

Tuesday 1.4

Wednesday 1.3

Thursday 1.3

Friday 1.2

All but B&B had their lowest numbers of the week on Friday. Sure, many soaps stayed steady the whole week but when I see something like that it tells me something was up. Sure, many shows suck right now but something is still up with that.

Days, as much as I am liking it, deserved poor numbers for those 3 episodes. As bad as some thing the Vendetta story is, it's not killing the show. That story has drawn decent numbers this summer because people will at least tune in to see the vets. The TTS overload is hurting the show. All summer the ratings have dropped when TTS is featured prominently (more then 2 days) during the week. Days needs to cut that story to 2 days a week and give us the feud the rest of the time, along with the other stories. The ratings show that.

I think this week may see Days remain the same or a minor increase. I will hope for the same. I feel bad for Passions but I think many already stopped watching. The rest of the soaps, sans Y&R (which I can't understand) are doing just as bad. Days is still in the mix numbers-wise and I still find it funny how they drop in HH but increase in demos. Weird.

I will hope for better next week. This is bad all around really.

• Members

Interesting how some posters have claimed in the past that the ratings were good because of Zendall and now they are upset because ratings are bad but Zendall can't be blamed. It doesn't work that way. If Zendall is the best thing about AMC and the most recognized aspect and the ratings are tanking, of course they will be blamed.

Don't get me wrong, I think AMC's problems go beyond couples but I do think that Zendall is not drawing in viewers or helping the show anymore. They are just another pairing that needs to end, IMHO.

• Members

I don't believe in the ratings blame game. I don't believe ratings can be blamed on a certain character/couple...it's the overall quality, imo, that makes ratings go up or down. And the overall quality of AMC, imo, is lacking.

Archived