August 13-17, 2007

Toups

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think ATWT is steady at #5 (total amount of viewers) while OLTL is falling and Passions will be network history soon. The Luke and Noah storyline is just begining and many people are just now getting the news that ATWT has a gay love story. In another forum there was a poll at the Passions board and most people are going to switch to ATWT once Passions is gone. 3 to 1 agaisnt OLTL.

Good news for ATWT....#4 in the next following weeks? A big chance it will be.

• Members

Number 4 is ok for ATWT but last year at the end of the year we were number 3 and if we would have kept up with the good stories we could have been in number 2 seeing as B&B has tanked. I will take number 4, but it still could have been much higher if the show had not turned into crap for 10 months in row. I do think we are getting back on track but it still needs alot of work.

Also a question for someone that might know, are the ratings points worth more viewers now than they were a few months ago, it seems like we have around the same viewers for the shows but the ratings points themselves have been falling?. I know it does change every so often just wonder if it has again.

• Members

I blame all of em. Zendall was a couple with supercouple potential, but they lost that (due to writing) awhile ago. A real shame.

NONE of the characters being pushed front and center ought to be the main leads. They can add a real sparkle to the show, but the show can't be ABOUT them (especially with bad writing).

• Members

I have been faithfully following the Luke & Noah storyline on ATWT and that is the ONLY reason I continue to watch. This storyline from what I have seen has been great. I'm glad the ratings are holding steady for them. On another note, I am beginning to feel really sad about Passions leaving NBC. Yes, I am thrilled the show has a new life on DirecTV and I am so hoping it does incredibly well there. It's just going to be odd that I won't be able to watch it whenever I want or if I am home during the day. Luckily my niece is recording it for me and mailing me tapes, but it just makes me sad. Hopefully a lot of people subscribe to get DirecTV. And I hope the ratings really increase the next few weeks as it winds down on NBC.

• Members

Women 18-49 Viewers

1. Y&R 1,146,000 (-11,000/-407,000)

2. GH 1,026,000 (-45,000/-297,000)

3. OLTL 918,000 (+55,000/-276,000)

4. DAYS 908,000 (+30,000/-392,000)

5. AMC 797,000 (+18,000/-297,000)

6. B&B 742,000 (+25,000/-239,000)

7. GL 731,000 (+6,000/-55,000)

8. PSNS 662,000 (-10,000/-257,000)

9. ATWT 651,000 (+1,000/-152,000)

As disappointing as OLTL's ratings for Asa's week are this number is interesting. They had a 55,000 gain from the prior week while GH lost and AMC had a slight gain of +18,000. How much of that gain will they maintain this week (now last week) and how much of it goes with the "event"? Also how many did they alienate with the blink and you miss it funeral for Asa and the can't wait to get them out of the building returns?

• Members

When Passions moves and when DAYS moves to 2 I think there will be real competition in that time slot.

2pm

CBS: ATWT

NBC: DAYS

ABC: OLTL

I think OLTL will beat out ATWT and DAYS because it is very popular in NYC. Also that many people hate it when they move their show to a different time.

Yes many people praised the Nuke kiss but many other people didn't. It will be very though for ATWT to recover and I am Passeante!!! She messed up that show!

ETA:ATWT deserves these numbers. I hate the stories.

• Members

Even when Megan was at the helm our ratings weren't this bad. I think the lowest she got was 2.4 even Megan as hit and miss as she was never had just one story for veiwers to watch. She always had atleast 3 or 4 different storylines going on even if one or two struggled usually their was something redemptive about the other two storylines to get veiwers threw.

AMC is at a whooping 2.2, the interim writers along with B&E are killing this show more then Megan ever did. I wonder how long they will continue this until they realize that veiwers don't want to see Zendell, Ryannie and Greenlee/Ava and the "Crash" story every day.

How about all of them are apart of the problem. How about the audience in general are just tired of the entire Lavery/Slater clan and their tedious "Crash" story and need a break.

• Members

Okay, you definitely have a point, but I'd like to point out that while AMC lost a lot in total views, they gained in the 18-49 category, which (sad but true) is the one that matters.

I really think it's too early to criticize them so much. I think the show has improved from Megan's reign of terror. I think by focusing too much on Zendall, they are really just trying to give the audience what they think we want (there are a lot of Zen fans). Frankly, I think it's always a mistake to focus too much on any characters, but it was probably easier to come in with one huge storyline, and of all the characters to focus on, it's a good choice. I mean, look at GH: they've spent nearly a decade focusing almost entirely on a mobster, his hitman, and their hoes.

• Members

Actually, graciecat, AMC still tied their record low in the 18-49 demos for last week. Not really an improvement if you ask me!

I think that the new headwriters are an improvement over Mctravesty but they don't have a lot to work with anymore. So many interesting and experienced actors were let go the last few years that they are limited in who they can write for. The show has lost/fired Brooke, Dixie, David, Simone, etc. And a lot of the characters that are left have been ruined by extremely poor writing for too long of a period of time. Or the couples/characters have been pushed onto the audience for so long that many fans have grown tired and bored with them. The sad thing is that the ratings continue to drop meaning the budget will be cut more which will limit the new writers even further.

So far I am not impressed with their writing or the direction that they are taking the show. Now in three months time that may change but the fall previews were less than thrilling for me. I don't think I will be watching the show again anytime soon. I am one of those "customers" that they are trying to get back but they better do a whole lot more than what they are doing now.

Archived