3.(3) GH 2.4 (-.1/-.2)

4.(4) OLTL 2.3 (SAME/-.3)

5.(4) AMC 2.2 (-.1/-.3)

6.(7) ATWT 2.1 (SAME/-.6)

7.(6) DOOL 2.0 (-.2/-.6!!)

7.(8) GL 2.0 (+.1/-.3)

9.(9) PSNS 1.3 (-.2/-.4)

• Members

You would think but usually funeral-oriented episodes doesn't do well for the shows as they want viewers to tune in. Perhaps it is a slap in the face to the viewers that OLTL would not honor or give a decent contract to Phil Carey (ex-Asa). But I'm sorry, he is an important character on the show, much more important than John, Natalie, Rex, Michael, Marcie, Marty, so on, and so on.

• Members

Too much exposures of Jason, Carly, Jerry Lizzie, and Lulu? I certainly do NOT care for these characters. Bring back Luke, Laura, Amy, Holly, Robert, Anna, Lucy, Kevin, Felicia, Frisco and the underutilized veterans like Tracy, Ed, Alan, Monica, Bobbie, Scotty......

• Members

Depends on who you define as core. I totally agree far too much emphasis is on John -- even the Tommy/Tj reveal turns out to be all about his angst. But one of the problems is that who longterm audience may define as core is somewhat different from who TPTB would like it to be. TPTB want the viewers who think Adrianna is the cat's meow. I'm far more likely to watch Dorian's antics, but the plotline there is almost guarenteed to alienate me just as much as Adrianna's. I'm tired of seeing Viki and Nora dumped on ...is there anything more they can do to spit at these women ? It's not like they have been hogging airtime either. Speaking of airhogs, I SHOULD like Marty, but I find her storyline actions nothing short of appalling.

I do wish ratings had gone up for the two episodes instead of remaining flat -- but I'm not totally surprised at it. After enough bait and switches, even the most dogged of consumers gives up hope.

• Members

OMG...yes! It's about time GL go back to a 2.0! I can't believe it tied with Days (I think the overexposure of certain characters is really hurting it right now) and it's only 0.1 away from ATWT (which I'm surprised is still the same given the Luke/Noah story...making my original pressumptions that they alone can't save the show right).

• Members

Days has got horrible again....all wishy-washy and see-sawing. Something has to stabilize this show before it can begin to hold it's own. I just wonder if the behind the scenes tensions has spilled over into the production. Hopefully the new team will have Days solid very quickly.

• Members

Last week was certainly a good week for the CBS soaps because almost all of them went up or stayed the same. I think Days is making a huge mistake and not giving the vets more prominent storylines. They are just supporting other characters and it is really hurting the show.

Same thing for AMC. They are focusing waaaaaaay too much on Zendall. I am so sick of that pairing that I feel like scratching my eyes out when they are on screen together. It is about time that the show ended that couple because it has been three years of Zendall, long enough for a soap pairing. Plus, Kendall is a character that should never be focused so much on children. She shouldn't be having two kids back to back. IMHO, Kendall should be written as the second generation of Erica, scheming, self-destructing, struggling, different guy every couple years, etc. Kendall has too much chemistry with other characters to limit her to just being part of a pairing and a mother. AMC has made a HUGE mistake doing this to Kendall. Sorry about the rant but my level of frustration with AMC is at an all time high.

There really is only one storyline going on with AMC right now so if you don't like it then what is there to watch. I don't know if the new writers are going to gradually start building up to other things or if they really overestimated the impact that this storyline would have on the show. But what they are doing isn't working. Vets need to be featured, couples need to be changed, and more storylines need to be going on or else the show is going to be tied with Days.

Archived