Where is everyone?

Sylph

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I personally, moved back to my board. I have been concentrating on it for a while with plans to re-open it and now it is reopened and we are doing really good. I still post at SOC, but the Mod's over there pissed me off, and I was suspended. I wont comment on SON, because every forums has its lows, I know that from my own board, and I just hope SON can come back to what it use to be. I can't help but agree with King, though. I have been weening myself off of SON. Usually this was the first one I'd go to, even before my board, but now this is up there, after wrestling, even.

• Administrator

I'm not talking about soaps as much because they suck. If something interesting happens, I'll talk about it.

SON goes through slow periods all the time. Don't worry about it. ;)

There might not be a lot of posts but SON is hitting highs with visitors to the board.

Most users ever online was 672 on Today, 10:23 AM

• Members

Aww...that's a shame darraholic.

Hope things get better for you :) .

I am with Toups. The board does see traffic and SON does see slow periods at times. However, it is disturbing when you have said board traffic but these people aren't posting. That is concerning. The slow periods we have had in the past involved people not being around. In other words, we didn't see people on the boards. Now, we see people on but they aren't posting. I have never seen such a slow two weeks on the boards and I can only hope it will improve. It might just be temporary but it disturbs me.

I hate to also see so many severing ties. The only way SON can be a great community is if we all keep working to make it that way. To see some great posters leaving like this makes me upset. It almost tells me people are giving up and I know I and others on here aren't.

Now, I am not going to keep going with this because that would be counter productive and would likely take this discussion to places I don't wish it to go so I will just leave it at that. I just hope things get better. I have faith they will. :)

• Members

I know that SON is used to having big hits on the board, but man that is a lot. But Ive also noticed over at PGP they have had a ton of people over there (mostly guests) and I think they hit their peak at 700 and some people last night. I frankly found it to be very weird to say the least. I mean it is somewhat popular but 700 and some guests? That is just creepy!

• Members

Speaking more myself....I haven't been around very much throughout the month of June because of taking three English summer classes. That has taken up much of my time the last several weeks.

Otherwise, the soaps are getting boring...and I don't have a lot else to talk about. I like getting outside in the summertime, and I hate being tied down to a computer all the time.

• Members

Hope u feel better!!

I think there are several reasons, like Mike said. Soaps are not exciting me much and like everyone else I feel a break coming on. But there is a lot lacking in the behind the scenes dept. too. No big cast changes, not much drama, its like the slow SON board represents the slow genre IMO.

• Members
That's pretty much how I've bee feeling for the last couple of months too. lol Well, I don't love JER and Passions, but there's other stuff.

You're so funny talking like what you're saying is a fact. lol I don't who you're talking for. But far from everyone are at home during the summer. Personally, I'm almost never home/inside. It doesn't have to be because I'm away on a trip somewere but I'm simply outside spending time with my family and friends. It's 3 am here now and now is the first time today I can actually really sit down and read through the board.

• Administrator

Good ponit, Ridge.

Remember last June when news broke of Reilly leaving and Sheffer coming, and EricaKane4life started posting? SON was so active with the all night posting.....the 50+ pages for threads. It was crazy. LOL

• Members

First off, I'm not going to assume as to why a lot of folks stopped posting. I personally think that I've stopped posting a great deal of the time because I'm writing short stories; doing a lot of things outside, and overly tired by the time I get home from time to time.

I still love SON but i love the outdoor and doing other things too. Plus too, some of my friends I met on SON aren't even on here as much; so either I don't get to talk to them much or they have things of their own to do too.

• Members

I can agree that the stories the soaps are telling are keeping people from wanting to post about their show.

The summer season can have something to do with it because of vacations and out of town guests. I have had guests stay with me for over a week and a half and they turned my household upside down.

AND then there are posters who go in a thread that are bullies and their opinions are the only ones that matter. They keep on and don't know how to graciously give it up or just agree to disagree. That is why I don't post much in a certain favorite show's thread anymore. It just "ain't worth it!"

I must say that the "Report Poster" feature is not necessarily your best friend and the ignore button doesn't really work!

Archived