ATWT: Austin Peck

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't watch him on Days, so I can't compare. He's passable. He's better at the sarcastic stuff they give him, not so good conveying deep feelings. I'll keep him, if only to occupy Teri Columbino's airtime.

• Members

I didn't see him on Days either. I couldn't stand him at the beginning but am enjoying him now. I too think he is great with the sarcastic stuff and the one liners. He does play very well off of both Terri and Michael Park. However I don't think he can pull off any heavy drama and think they will probably keep him in lighter, "fluffier" stories, pun intended ;) He and Terri work because the forte of both of them is comedy.

• Members

I think hes doing excellent. On Days he was a lot more monotone. There wasn't really a lot of stuff for him to do except have these serious convos with Sami or Carrie.

On ATWT he can be funny. He can be sarcastic. He can be manipulative. And hes can be emotional/deep. And I think hes done all of those things pretty good so far. I'd give him a B and I think within a few more years he could improve to an A. I think they did a great casting job with Brad.

• Members

I think he sucks and will always be a miscast as Jack's OLDER brother. Judging by the ratings, I don't think he's bringing in any viewers. His character is one of few regularly featured, so I'd give him some blame for the ratings.

ATWT has always been known for strong acting and putting him in scenes with Maura West or Michael Park is a waste of their talents. If ATWT wants to improve the ratings they need to get back to their roots and get rid of him. Hire strong actors and give them strong stories to match.

• Members

The previous Brad's are around 10 years older than Peck. One was Cord on OLTL who was paired with Andrea Evans so I imagine he'd be around her age. If the writers really wanted him they could've brought him on as Chris Hughes. But that would mean giving their Snyder loving a rest.

People talk about Gwen, but the Snyder's are taking over as well. Look at the opening: No globe, but tons of farm images. I could understand if there was a variety, but there isn't. It's As Gwen/The Snyder's World Turns.

• Members

I've got no idea why they brought Brad back in the first place. They haven't stuck to his history on the show anyway. They could have just made him some new, shallow anchor at WOAK, and gone from there.

I don't, however, think he's been featured all that much. He's been on six months, and I'd be surprised if he's even had 50 appearances. For Pissy and Goutman, that's positively restrained.

• Members

I was skeptical at first when I heard about the casting, but I now believe he is a great actor with a lot of range, described by other posters.

Bar his first couple episodes, when he just opened his eyes wide a lot, I have been uttterly convinced by him.

I give him an A-.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 21 2007, 12:00 PM)
People talk about Gwen, but the Snyder's are taking over as well. Look at the opening: No globe, but tons of farm images. I could understand if there was a variety, but there isn't. It's As Gwen/The Snyder's World Turns.

Holden and Lily have no real story. Luke has been barely on all year. Emma just comes and goes. If this is As the Snyders' World Turns, I must be missing it. The only Snyders who get consistent airtime are Meg and Jack.

• Members

I actually quite like Austin Peck from what I've seen of him on ATWT. He has pretty good comic timing.

I really do think ATWT brings out the best in actors. I actually never thought that much of Cady McClain until she was on ATWT. Too bad the writing often doesn't rise to the occasion.

• Members

Personally, I think the three main families that ATWT needs to focus on and fully restore are the Hugheses (of course, and let's bring back some *real* Hugheses), the Stewarts (there are TOO many Stewarts that would fit in here), and the Snyders (bring back one or two more of Emma's kids).

And the thing is, most of the characters who aren't blood Hughes, Stewart, or Snyder are closely related enough to those who are a part of one of those families, so it would work.

Archived