October 31 - November 4

Toups

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, but it's not an across-the-board hit. For each of us who loves the show under Dena Higley, there is an equally passionate hater. The sad thing is that these past two weeks of 2.5 have showcased Erika Slezak, Bree Williamson, Jerry Ver Dorn, and some of Dena's best work to date. If the Dena haters aren't tuning in for that, you know she's done some serious damage.

• Members

OLTL didn't drop... it stayed the same.. that too tieing with 3 other soaps on the air! That's an accomplishment and it means it was able to KEEP its audience. The only reason is because of what you said.. Clint, Viki and Jess/Tess... I don't see this as sucky ratings at all. Soaps are trying to keep their viewers now, getting more is just a plus.

• Members

I know, and that's pretty sad. They used to jump up and down a lot more drastically. That's why I was thrown off last week when it was said that NBC's line-up improved, when it was just a .1 increase and their overall numbers were still in the gutter.

And unless one of them hits a 3.0, I consider all the ABC soaps doing poorly right now. I guess I need to lower my standards of what a "good rating" is now that the overall numbers for soaps are slipping to the mid-2's.

• Members

Most "regular soap fans" (i.e. those who don't read up on them on the internet and message boards like we do, heehee) don't keep track of who's writing the show. They just know when it's good and when it's bad. Something (like PROMOTING the show?) needs to happen for those who've tuned out to see that good changes have happened.

I just don't understand why the networks don't realize that promotion, especially some splashy stuff that is made specially for promotion (and not pieced together clips from the show), can only help.

• Members

OLTL is down in the ratings. It was 2.6 two weeks ago and looked like it might inch up to 2.7. Now it's 2.5 and looks like it might inch down to 2.4, which is an all time low. Some of it I can't understand. Some of it I really can. I thought Viki finding out about Jess/Tess two weeks ago was really good, and I like Clint back. But after the first couple of days of the story is just starting dragging. That's probably in part because of Antonio and I don't like him. That's a personal thing though.

Shane, I don't think that dead baby story is doing anything at all for OLTL. I just can't watch it. I still think the pace of all the stories is bad. The prison riot might be well-received because at least it's different. It's not for me, but maybe some of the John/Nat fans will like it. I don't know, the show just moves so slow it gets boring for me. While I see Viki and Clint, I'm still having a rough time saying what the show is about these days. There is still no core, or for that matter, in my opinion, much consistency to the show.

• Members

Perhaps the 3.4s were rounded up from the actual rating. For instance, if the daily ratings were actually 3.35, 3.35, 3.35, 3.35, and 3.25, then the average would be 3.33 or rounded down to 3.3. At least that's my guess of what happened.

Archived