May 28 - June 1, 2007

Toups

• Members

I can't remember what happened on AMC last Wednesday to cause the rating spike that day; Spike's birthday party and Krystal's bar bash began on Thursday (and I was expecting better ratings for both Thursday and Friday). Can anyone recall anything major on Wednesday?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't follow em so I guess I can't comment. It looks like all the CBS soaps had a weird Friday. When I see things like that, I automatically think it's just random error. The ratings are based on a sample and there is always the potential for the occassional weird sample. When you see numbers like you do for Young and the Restless for that Friday, you have to wonder if it's not just that -- random error.

The sample size is 500 nationwide and results are probably weighted by media market. That means if a couple of viewers deviated from their normal viewing habits in New York or LA for instance, you would see a weird drop. Or, if the sample was just weird in major markets, you would see across the board one week dumps. Goofy weeks are probably just that: Goofy weeks.

It will be interesting to see if there is a turnaround next week.

• Members

I'm kinda surprised about GL. I don't remember too many people complaining about GL last week. I mean, sure it wasn't must see TV but they had a couple of good episodes there. And as much as I love DAYS I don't think a 2.3 or even something a little higher than that is going to have ABC or CBS pick up DAYS. You have to be realistic. People are just not watching soaps like they use to and GL proves it. They have so many problems over there, with their budget, their sets, some of their stories, their timeslots. But that still often beats some of the crap that other shows put out there and those shows still fair a little bit better in ratings. So I think these declines with all of the soaps shows not only that fans are tired and want change, but also that people for whatever reason, have other things to do now besides watching soaps, whether that be because of cable, the Internet, or maybe just taking an afternoon nap.

• Members

It's very sad that a 2.3 has me cheering. However, after seeing how far Days fell, I'm giddy that its finally rising again. I know Hogan can do it and it's showing. I hope the ropes are continuing to be untied from his hands. I want to see Days rise to the top three slots. It has too much potential to stop now. Go Days!

ATWT...well, I'm not surprised. I was expecting it to reach these lows 2 years ago.

• Members

I totally agree with you. I think CBS Friday was some random blip. CBS has had one day a week most weeks lately where all four shows nosedived. It's just too random and you can't blame the quality of each show for that. It's supposed to be a statistically sound sample, but I have never believed that.

• Members

Well I guess I can be thankful AMC stayed steady....... the ABC soaps are actually the most consistent of them all latelly. Glad to see DAYS slowly inching up. The quality has improved ten fold.

ATWT... well I am shocked they've slipped so low.... but I mean look what Jean and Co. are offering up these days? Not exactly must see t.v. If they got 2.0 last week I hate to think what they got this week with KACK doing the nastiest of nasties!

Daytime continues to spiral downward!

I hate how Y&R stayed at 4.0 but love that 3.7 on Friday :D

Archived