May 28 - June 1, 2007

Toups

• Members

I'm enjoying B&B so I don't think that it is the show as much as Y&R's struggles dragging it down. I checked the first three weeks of February when Y&R's ratings peaked for the year and B&B's ratings increased similarly though GH beat it that 3rd week. As Y&R goes, B&B goes. Less people are watching Y&R so fewer are sticking around to see B&B which is really good at the moment.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBSdaytime is down because of bad writing and horrible decisions by the Executive Producers.

Y&R does come on my area until after the other soaps so it isn''t Y&R fault for the bad ratings.

GL's EP and headwriter have destroyed the show with their horrible stories and poor casting decisions. People have finally gotten fed up them and they are now leaving in droves.

• Members
yes cbs could cancel GL for days...it could happen....Yes its a risk.While GL is respected,the fact that its numbers are dropping is cause for alarm...P/G needs to work on the show-----NOW.Dont wait until its too late.remember Another World....Its all about mony in todays world..not respect.Emmys dont bring in money

• Members

A straight comparison between GL/DAYS doesn't make sense. GL is much cheaper to produce and airs at crappy times in many markets. DAYS has a 1pm timeslot and the 3rd biggest budget in soaps. It therefore needs a higher rating to justify its existence.

I cannot see CBS/ABC cancelling an existing soap for DAYS. They would be nuts to attempt such a controversial move just to capture a few extra demo points. DAYS best hope is to find a network/cable channel willing to reinvest in the industry by adding a show. In today's climate, any cancellations would surely be part of a movement away from soaps.

• Members

As much as I love DAYS I think cancelling GL for DAYS wouldnt work at all. First would DAYS get the same crappy airtimes that GL currently gets around the country? Secondly, GL fans and soap fans in genaral would probably rebel against DAYS as well for taking over its timeslot. DAYS besides GL has the worst job of trying to gain viewers. DAYS either follows the lowest rated soap or has no lead in, in most of the country. That has to make it hard on DAYS, especially come Septmeber when NBC will no longer be airing PSNS.

• Members

can someone please answer me this question

why is all the soaps struggling, all the ratings for each soap is suffering even Y@R and General Hospital. This is sad, i hope each soap gets back on track

and days is starting to do so. Days of our lives the only gain this week WOW, i am happy. I LOVE DAYS OF OUR LIVES, they are just going to keep climbing up after this past week i am saying days gets ether a +1 or 2.

lately days of our lives is the best soap out of all of them.

lately my ratings(this what the ratings should look like)

1.days of our lives(BRADY VS DIMERA) and Nick and chelsea

2.general hospital(baby jake drama)

3.one life to live(antonio/jessica/nash drama) and of course the teens(star baby)

4.all my chidern(WHO CARES)

5.passions(THE BLACKMAILER)

6.bold and the beautiful(WHOCARES)

7.as the world turns(WHOCARES)

8.the young and the restless(BORING)

9.the guiding light(MEGA BORING)

i read all the summer previews for this summer and the only 2 soaps that are exciting are days of our lives and general hospital. I AM SAYING DAYS OF OUR LIVES IS GOING TO HAVE THE BEST SUMMER OUT OF ALL THE SOAPS.

If days keep this up, if nbc drops them in 2009, days will have a easy time finding a new home ether on soapnet,cbs,abc but most likely abc because they had insterest in days before and i think they still do. I do look if abc to pick days up to make 2 of their soaps 1/2 long

also how much i hate passions, i have to say passions is entertaining again along with days. The blackmailer is making things interesting, i think it is vincent. lol i dont watch it but my g/f does.

• Members

^Well, soap ratings are inconsistent from week to week. How would you explain a few weeks back when most soaps were gaining or staying the same, yet Days was hitting a 1.9? Even when the quality of a soap increases, we can't back on the ratings for that soap to increase too.

• Members

Days was hitting a 1.9 because of unpopular storylines. When a show has something the people want to see then you will get higher ratings. The soaps were bringing out their big guns for May sweep and that would get people to watch.

Archived