Days: Bryan Datillo On the Way Out?

• Members

According this thread at Sony, Bryan Datillo is asking fans to write in in support of Lucas and saying that he may be gone by the end of summer otherwise.

I wonder if this is connected to Sheffer's comment in the summer preview interview that Sami would pay a terrible price by the end of the summer?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

A 14 year vet being replaced by a 1 year newbie. That's gotta hurt.

If Bryan does leave, it also looks like Lauren and Julie will also leave. Hogan's writing out the Reeds/Roberts. :(

• Members

No. Please dont write out Kate Roberts. She is one of DAYS greatest villains. She also has lots of history with Stefano DiMera. I loved the way that Kate and Stefano were scheming against Sami and Vivian back in 1998. They could definately write Kate into playing some kind of role in the Brady/DiMera feud storyline too.

• Members

As long as Lucas doesn't leave in a self-righteous fury ("My mother was right about you blahblahblah") I don't care if he goes. Same with Billie.

Same with Kate. They could easily write her into the Brady/DiMera stuff, but why bother? Koslow's an interesting actress, but the character has been one-note for a long time and I feel like she's kind of done. I'd also hate to saddle her with Tony.

Back to Datillo though- whatever. If Sami and EJ become the trueloveforever couple, and even if they only get together for awhile, they'll have to bring in a love interest for Lucas (or at least someone for him to interact with). We all know how a new character would be received, so it'd be smart for the writers to not even bother and just ditch him, if only for a short time.

• Members

Me too. It'd be one of the bigger mistakes Days has made in years. He and Ali have great chemistry, and Bryan appears to have his act together from his hell-raising younger days.

Don't disappoint me, Hogie. I hoped like hell you'd come on here! :lol:

• Members

I dont have so much against Bryan Datillo really. Its just that DAYS need to get rid of unnecessary characters to keep the budget in place. And right now, the character of Lucas Roberts is not really needed. Sure, he can be cute and all that, but I cant say he really has much purpose on the show anymore.

• Members

I agree. He's great, hate actors losing their jobs, or anyone. Maybe they could find something else for him to do. But he's just NOT the one for Sami. Like it or not, EJami is clearly the rooting couple. I mean, you can't predict perfect chemistry with respectable actors like James and Ali. And when that lightning strikes once, you just GOTTA play it for all its worth!

• Members

Hate to be the cynic here, but Bryans contract is up for renegotiation in August. Could he simply be riling the fanbase NOW in order to get a good deal? I mean, he is under contract until February. Would Days waste the money by getting rid of him now? They will at least use him as a supporting character until Feb I'd think.

Though I like the actor, the character is really not a leading man. And i agree with a lot of posters that I love James Scott, and his chemistry and possibilities with Sami. If it's a ploy, it might blow up, because I cant see the exec at NBC taking to kindly to the tactic.

Archived