Days: Bryan Datillo On the Way Out?

• Members

And I think tackling this story is the exact opposite of those things. A coward (etc.) would avoid doing a storyline with a so-called "rapist." As for long-term trauma, the simple fact exists that while rape is horrible, not every victim is affected the same way nor is every victim plagued with flashbacks and psychological trauma.

And every writer has an agenda, so being agenda-driven isn't really an issue. If a writer didn't have an agenda, it would be a wishy-washy, flip-floppy mess.

I understand Lumi fans dislike this. But it is possible for any fanbase to bring up a list of "facts" why their couple is the rooting one or why the "other" pairing is bad and wrong.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do like Lucas so i'm hoping this isn't true....But it would be nice too see a little of his darkside come out with his jealous of EJ...Maybe Lucas can try to frame EJ for some crimes, to get EJ thrown in jail away from Sami...

As for Billie and Kate..I love Julie Pinson, but there really isn't a need for Billie..She can't be a third party for Bope or Steve and Kayla, and Chelsea can have a storyline without her..So i would be fine with Billie leaving..But Kate should stay...There is plenty more for her to do, i would love to either see her back with Victor..or in a triangle with Tony and Anna...

• Members

I don't mind Datillo(I think he is a great actor just not a leading man), but I hate the way Lucas has been written oh the last 5 or so years. I just wish his character would be fleshed out more instead of always depending or being up Sami's a**hole.

• Members

Exactly.

I stopped caring about the character when he woke up from his coma years back.

And I adore Lauren Koslow, but seriously, what the hell has she done since putting a hit on Victor and being part of Jate? Nothing.

If these two went, it would make sense. JMO.

• Members

Wasn't it Victor that she put a hit on?

Kate hasn't done much, aside from meddling in her children's lives, but that's all the fault of the writers. It doesn't mean she's useless. I mean, what has Maggie done lately? Not a damn thing. I'd still be pissed if they let her go. Even if the writers have given them nothing, I'm more entertained by Kate and Maggie doing absolutely nothing as supporting players than anything involving the majority of the other characters in the major plots (nu-Stephanie, anyone?).

I can think of ten things right off the bat that could utilize Kate in an exciting, refreshing way. She might not have major stories of her own each year, but the show needs its supporting characters. That, and the fact that Lauren Koslow is arguably the best actress on the show, make her staggeringly valuable, IMO.

• Members

Lauren Koslow is one of my top 5 actresses period, so for me personally I would hate to see her go. But on the other hand all Kate does is meddle in her kid's lives and if Rex, Cassie, and Austin are already gone and possibly Lucas is on his way out, with Billie barely on I could see LK getting the axe. I would be one pissed off fan if that is the case though. Kate has a lot of potential though, it's a shame she doesn't have more of a bitter rivalry with Marlena and I also miss Kate being the wealthy bitch of Salem, I want that Kate back NOW, especially with Stefano back.

• Members

Don't do that. You're a Lumi fan and entitled to your opinion. Yell, kick, scream--it's your right because this is your couple! I have nothing against BD, just don't care for Lucas as a character, but I love Jack Devereaux and went through years of him being destroyed and then fired again and again and again, so I feel your pain.

• Members

The serial killer storyline has discredited her almost completely. She saw all these ghosts and said they were dead and that there'd be "more death" to come....and they were all alive!

• Members

And therein lies the problem with the "rape" excuse; first, it wasn't rape. And even if we can't agree on that, it wasn't a violent, bloody, gory rape. And it wasn't a stranger. I'm not trying to downplay "the act," which was slightly manipulated, but it's not something that I'd say should traumatize a character like Sami, especially since it was established that she had the hots for him back in the day.

• Members

Well, it was a rape if only by virtue of the fact that Sami labeled it rape and felt forced to do what she did. But aside from calling it rape and making it clear in the filming that Sami did not want to be having sex with him, the show has really done very little to show us that Sami felt violated. She was seemingly fine and hopping right back into bed with Lucas with out so much as a single visible qualm. Constrast that to Kayla being raped by her own husband. She wasn't able to sleep with Steve again for months after her rape. I think the show clearly wants us to see what happened between Sami and EJ as something less cut and dried.

I just wish they'd had the courage to just write it that way overtly. Made it clearly a devil's bargain where Sami freely chose to sleep with him although it clearly wasn't something she wanted to do. Sure it would have muddied up Sami's status just a hair but it would have given them much more freedom to pursue EJami later. As it is, with everyone labeling what EJ did rape (including/especially Sami and EJ themselves) I simply can't get behind an EJami coupling no matter how enamored I am with their chemistry -- and they have chemistry by the truckload.

• Members

So what are you saying? I mean, no offense, but I'm a little turned off by the implication that rapists can't be redeemed, forgiven and fall in love. EVERYBODY makes mistakes. The rape (if it was, and I don't believe it was) doesn't make EJ untouchable, romantically, nor does it make him an evil character. He made an ERROR IN JUDGMENT. A big one. By manipulating Sami. But we can see his contrite and clearly wants to make it up to her. Let's PLEASE give the man a break here!

• Members

If he does get the axe, Bryan is probably better off. I think if he was ever given the material, he could lead just fine. No one wants to give it to him. They write all of his stories as Sami stories, not because of his lack of charisma, but because she's the show's pet. I'm one of the few LUMI fans who did not support this recent reconciliation, because it was so forced. What I want to see is the show test out EJ and Sami and develop Lucas on his own. Overtime, rebuild the Sami and Lucas relationship, repair the damage. But we all know that won't happen. This last get back together routine was simply bread crumbs for a fanbase, and that pisses me off. Lucas has never been allowed to be his own character betwee Kate and Sami. They could have Lucas go back to the DiMeras, be a double agent, both out of hatred for EJ and out of loyalty to the Brady and Horton families. He could get in with the DiMeras like he was a few years back, have a few for kicks romances, get his own identity maybe, and at the same time have he and Sami cross paths over time, becaus eof the DiMera involvement. The Lucas we are seeing now is no match for Sami because she grew up and he didn't, despite his wonderful dialogue after the wedding reception which appears to the contrary. The writing, whenever Lucas is involved, is so contortedly unbalanced out of his favor that it's no wonder people hate him. His potential is there. It's just nobody wants to see it.

• Members

Chris Gerse (Will) is in danger of getting the boot too, and the rest of the Roberts family is rumored to be leaving.

I just read that things may be changing as far as Bryan goes at least and to keep writing in about it.

Archived