Days: Bryan Datillo On the Way Out?

• Members

I hope they dont keep him around for six months without anything important to do. I dont like when DAYS have characters on the show that doesnt really do anything. Its such a waste of space. DAYS is already tight and have problems with finding enough space for several characters. The veterans are a good example of this. Get rid of Lucas and Billie and use the space to give Bo and Hope more airtime instead.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You're saying that like that's how it is. It's only your opinion. Poeple might share it but I don't. I can't stand EJ and I really can't see the greatness about James Scott. He's not a bad actor but I don't think he's as good as all the raves make him out to be, plus the blinking makes me wanna jump into the tv and shake him up. I would hate it if they put Sami together with her rapist. That is really enough to make me stop watch this show before it's actually going down. I stopped watching for like 3 months and finally watched all the episodes. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I've always said I'd never give up on DAYS, but THAT is just too much. I had so much fate in Hogan when he said he was gonna write for the big couples and Lumi. Liar!! If this is true he just put Lumi together to get rid of one of them. What a waste this past 10 years have been.

This says it all:

63sn1v9.jpg

By the way. I can say with all certainty that this is for real because I know the admin at Bryan's from a few years back.

• Members

I do agree here about the part of James Scott not being as great as everybody seems to make him out to be. I cant say Im much of a fan of EJ either and I dont find James Scott to be so sexy either. He is handsome yes, but there are lots of other guys that are sexier than James Scott. I wouldnt mind if the writers wrote out all three of them. My opinion is that Lucas/Sami/EJ are all three just as boring.

• Members

They should Keep Bryan and get rid of other people.I can see how by giving Lucas no personality and making him annoying they try to piss off most of the audience against the character,but this is stupid.Lumi just gpt married,and already he is barely a part of her story.I dont want to see her with EJ,chemistry or not.he raped her,so that's the end of that pairing for me.

• Members

It seems no matter which pairing that ou prefer, the big thing is to give him any storyline that he is part of, not party to. Without that, he is a side dish. While I hope the rumors are not true, methinks he should push for meatier stuff. Lately its been a little bit off-putting.

• Members

It's bad enough that they want Sami with her rapist but firing a 14 year vet and one of the better actors on the show in the process...beyond the [!@#$%^&*] pale.

I stuck with DAYS through 3 firings of my favorite actor (Matt Ashford) but if this happens, I'm DONE. Corday and Sheffer can go straight to hell.

• Members

How is this Cordays fault? Hogan Sheffer is the headwriter. Blame him. He is the one who cant come up with any interesting storyline for Lucas. So Lucas has indeed become kind of pointless nowadays. But I do understand that it makes people upset if Lucas is being written out while stupid newbies like Jett and Jeremy can stay. But as I said, Lucas/Sami are really boring right now anyway.

• Members

Wow its funny to see all the Lumi fans who were supporting the drag of a show for the past 4 months revolt now.

This is a problem with DAYS now... they go from one extreme to the other. Billie was used A LOT and now we haven't seen her in like what 2+ weeks? Obviously they are giving up on the character. Kate was front and center, as it should be IMO, and now it seems obvious that she is going to get sidelined. DAYS does not know how to utilize its great cast well.

I'll feel bad if Lucas left, and I'm sure the show will suffer too. The show spent the last 9 months focusing so much on this couple and fanbase that it would be dumb to just throw the character out completely. However, Lucas has not been Lucas in ages now. He's the third wheel in his own love story.

• Members

Datillo has been lucky he has had 14 years on the show. He just isn't a leading man, and isn't a good enough actor to compensate for that. I feel bad that he could be losing his job, but the character is played out. I say kill off Lucas!

• Members

That's the problem...imo Lucas has always been a "side dish," and I started watching right around the time that Lucas first showed up in Salem. His story has always revolved around Sami - Sami's friend and partner and crime, the father of Sami's child, Sami's enemy, Sami's lover, Sami's husband. He has never had any real identity outside of that, and it's been that way for too long for tptb to try to make him a leading man at this point. It won't work.

Archived