Brokeback Mountain

RogerNewcomb

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just saw it and it was absolutely beautiful. From the direction to the cinematography to some incredible performances, lead especially by Ledger. I don't see how anyone could see the film and not think, at the very least, that his performance is worthy of a nomination. His character is so complex, so quiet. He's a thinker, not a man of many words, and Ledger had to convey each of his emotions with his eyes, face, and body language more than written dialogue. He took my breath away. That's not to take away from the fine performances given by Jake Gylenhall, Michelle Williams, and Anne Hathaway. Actually, I was more impressed with the actress who played Ledger's daughter than I was with the other ladies. She had very few scenes, I think all in the second 1/2 of the film, but she was so real and so poignant, and really brought another layer out in Ledger's performance as well. She is the one who should have received a Supporting Actress nomination IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm going to go see this movie at 3.20 today (after my soaps)!! It's either now or wait until mid-April when my school will be showing it for free.

I'm excited, but I don't want my expectations to be too high. Usually when that happens, I wind up not liking the movie.

Archived